Closed Thread
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: N F L 2010

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: N F L 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4127292;
    I thought I heard that he had been fired.
    I haven't read that he's been fired yet, although fandom is screaming for it. He did apologize:

The Early Lead - Jets coach Sal Alosi apologizes for tripping Dolphins player

Jets spokesman Bruce Speight said the organization was "looking into appropriate next steps," something the NFL will do this week as well. (May I suggest a first question? "What? You thought no one would notice because NFL games are so rarely photographed?") Alosi, a 33-year-old coach who's been in the NFL with Atlanta and the Jets for nine years, apologized after the game, issuing a statement that said:

"I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment. My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for."
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Update... rest of the article here: NFL.com news: Jets suspend Alosi indefinitely for telling players to form wall

The New York Jets suspended assistant coach Sal Alosi indefinitely Wednesday after he acknowledged that he ordered five inactive players to form a wall along the sideline for a punt return, during which he tripped Miami Dolphins rookie cornerback Nolan Carroll.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai

Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum said Alosi, the team's strength and conditioning coach, didn't initially volunteer during the investigation that he told players to stand that way.

"As we continued our investigation, we discovered some new information," Tannenbaum said in a conference call from the NFL owners meetings in Fort Worth, Texas, "and the players at the Miami game were instructed by Sal to stand where they were to force the gunner in the game to run around them."

Doing so, according to NFL executive vice president of football operations Ray Anderson, violated league rules.

Anderson told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that there are "protocols where players and coaches are supposed to be," and the Jets' alignment was "improper."

Tannenbaum said he met with Anderson on Wednesday morning, and the league supported the Jets' decision. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said a memo about the situation would be sent to teams this week.

Tannenbaum didn't rule out the possibility that Alosi will be fired. A decision will be made once he and Johnson return from Texas.

"All options are on the table," he said.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

11 days post-appendectomy.....Matt Cassel starting QB today for the KC Chiefs!! Unreal.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That was an epic choke on the Giants' part. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4129698;
    That was an epic choke on the Giants' part. Ugh.
    Really! It was looking bad there for the Eagles for awhile. Then they got very lucky.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

That was a heck of a comeback by the Eagles. 28 points in the 4th quarter!

Jets win... ugh!

Obama commends Eagles for Vick's second chance

The Eagles clinched for the playoffs, and the President takes note.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4129604;
    11 days post-appendectomy.....Matt Cassel starting QB today for the KC Chiefs!! Unreal.
    Thats my QB and we are in the playoffs~

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;4134763;
    Thats my QB and we are in the playoffs~
    I'm rooting for him, too!

A win for the Lions to finish the season 6-10 plus a victory for Team Canada in the World Juniors... it's a good day!

Closed Thread