Closed Thread
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: N F L 2010

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: N F L 2010

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4125086;
    Does anybody know the name of the song on the NFL commercial where the guys are on a bus, and everybody's head is bobbing in time with the beat? It is very catchy, and is accompanied by drummers. My head starts bobbing everytime I hear it. The bus looks like a school bus and, at the end, a bunch of little kids and the mascot gets off the bus.
    I thinks it is 'The Power Is On' by The Go! Team.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4125125;
    Ford Field will be hosting the game tomorrow night. According to the New York Times, this will be the first Monday night game Detroit has hosted in 10 years.

And Daddyzgirl, if you're up for some live football tomorrow night, it looks like they're giving tickets away for free?!

Source
    I was supposed to head down for the game but with getting out late from work and there being a Red Wings game tonight - the border will be crazy busy.

I will be cheering for the Giants however

The streak is over - ending at 297. Tonight will mark the first NFL week since early in the 1992 season where Brett Favre does not start for an NFL team.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am so sick of seeing the torn dome that I don't know what to do! Enough, already!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl;4125954;
    I was supposed to head down for the game but with getting out late from work and there being a Red Wings game tonight - the border will be crazy busy.

I will be cheering for the Giants however
    I heard the game "sold" out in 90 minutes, and that people were out in 12 degree weather waiting for a few hours, too!

How bitter am I? For the last 3 years, during football season I have been playing something called Pro Line Football Pools. It's a game through our lottery system where you bet on all the games for that week and pick the winner of each game..no points, no spreads, straight up win or lose.

This weekend there were 15 games to pick (Thursday was excluded) and there were 16 winners who went 15/15. They EACH won approx. $44,500.00CDN. The pot is always over $600,000.00. For the first time ever I went 14/15(closest I have ever been) and what do I get? Nothing One lousy pick wrong and I miss out on all that money. The game I messed up was Jets vs. Dolphins. Is it wrong if I don't say anything nice ever again about the Jets?

Oh, and I lost my work football pool on points from last night's Baltimore vs. Houston game. I had a low total.. who would have thought that the Baltimore Offense would score 30+ points.

Football had not been kind to me this week. But, the Lions did manage to pull out a W so I am happy about that....

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl;4126573;
    How bitter am I? For the last 3 years, during football season I have been playing something called Pro Line Football Pools. It's a game through our lottery system where you bet on all the games for that week and pick the winner of each game..no points, no spreads, straight up win or lose.

This weekend there were 15 games to pick (Thursday was excluded) and there were 16 winners who went 15/15. They EACH won approx. $44,500.00CDN. The pot is always over $600,000.00. For the first time ever I went 14/15(closest I have ever been) and what do I get? Nothing One lousy pick wrong and I miss out on all that money. The game I messed up was Jets vs. Dolphins. Is it wrong if I don't say anything nice ever again about the Jets?

Oh, and I lost my work football pool on points from last night's Baltimore vs. Houston game. I had a low total.. who would have thought that the Baltimore Offense would score 30+ points.

Football had not been kind to me this week. But, the Lions did manage to pull out a W so I am happy about that....
    Good for you on the 14/15! You'll win soon with that kind of savvy. And good, too, that your Lions won. ♥
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think the Jets coach who stuck out his knee to trip the Dolphins cornerback should be fired. Fining is not enough. That man is part of a cadre who should be held to a higher standard than the players. He's lucky that the player didn't get up and beat his arse. Bet the little "witch" would have run and been screaming like a little girl.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4126654;
    I think the Jets coach who stuck out his knee to trip the Dolphins cornerback should be fired. Fining is not enough. That man is part of a cadre who should be held to a higher standard than the players. He's lucky that the player didn't get up and beat his arse. Bet the little "witch" would have run and been screaming like a little girl.
    Amen, shay. Amen. Amen.

I thought I heard that he had been fired.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Closed Thread