Closed Thread
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2010

Re: N F L 2010

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4123676;
    Anymore, it only takes "a minute" for people to get back in action from an appendectomy. When mine was removed (caveman days), I was out of commission for a full 6 weeks. Ruined my Christmas vacation!
    Oh, shay, I'd be crushed if I had an appendectomy at Christmastime! My mom had hers out last year (in her late 50s). She was out of work for a week after having it out over the weekend, but then she had to be careful for a few weeks too. My mom had an old school surgeon who did it the old way.

My sister's roommate had hers out laproscopically on Monday and I think she's still home from work, but supposedly it doesn't take as long to recover. The cab ride back to her apartment from the hospital on Tuesday, however, was miserable, so there's still some recovery involved. Is he playing this weekend?

Speaking of injured players, we may know as soon as today whether Favre will be playing this weekend. Apparently a couple days ago it still hurt to put a shirt on. The guy's a walking interception this season, so selfishly, I really hope he plays, though if he does, I'd be very surprised if he made it through the game.

[F/A edit]

Missy, the Giants are stranded in Kansas City. They can't get into MN until tomorrow because of blizzards. They just showed Eli Manning and a couple of the defensive players just sitting in the airport on CNN. And here's a story from ESPN about it that says they might change the game time. It's a 1PM EST game, so I would hope the league could pretty easily do that:

Giants stranded in KC

The New York Giants pushed their flight to nearly four hours earlier than normal on Saturday morning to get to Minnesota.

And they still aren’t there.

The Giants are stranded in Kansas City for the night after their flight was diverted there due to a blizzard that forced the cancellation of numerous flights into Minneapolis.

NFL spokesperson Greg Aiello tweeted that the game was still scheduled for a noon Central time kickoff. However, with the Giants expected to get into Minneapolis on Sunday morning, it will be a very quick turnaround for the Giants to play against the Vikings.

“To be clear, there is no decision on KO time in Minny Sunday if Giants can't make it there tonight,” Aiello tweeted before 4 p.m.

Defensive end Justin Tuck cracked that Tom Coughlin would run the team through a walk-through at the Kansas City International airport.

“I bet we end up having a walk-through in one of the hangars," Tuck told ESPN NFC East blogger Matt Mosley.

At least Tuck got to enjoy some good local cuisine.

Stay tuned for updates on whether the NFL decides to change the kickoff time.
    Update: Giants still scheduled to play at noon CT - Giants Blog - ESPN New York
    Last edited by Unklescott; 12-11-2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: o.t.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Let's keep to the topic please folks, the NFL not the AMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4124775;
    Let's keep to the topic please folks, the NFL not the AMA.
    Unk, please. With Favre on their roster, I guarantee you that the Vikes would find the AMA and the NFL equally relevant. The guy sustains a new injury every week!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4124758;
    [F/A edit]

Missy, the Giants are stranded in Kansas City. They can't get into MN until tomorrow because of blizzards. They just showed Eli Manning and a couple of the defensive players just sitting in the airport on CNN. And here's a story from ESPN about it that says they might change the game time. It's a 1PM EST game, so I would hope the league could pretty easily do that:

Update: Giants still scheduled to play at noon CT - Giants Blog - ESPN New York
    Thanks, chrisg! I just checked ESPN and the game has been moved to Monday night. The other game is Baltimore-Houston. My guess is that one game will kick off at 7:30 or so, and they'll bump the other game back a bit. Now, here's hoping that with the extra day to heal, Favre can make the start... I'm sure Osi and Justin Tuck are salivating at the prospect of playing against the walking INT.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 12-11-2010 at 10:43 PM.

LG.

Vikings update - the roof of the Metrodome has collapsed under the weight of our recent snow. Not sure where they'll be able to play the Giants. as noted above, the game had already been delayed to Monday because the Giants' flight couldn't land here yesterday. I really do live in an arctic wasteland.

Metrodome Roof Collapses Under Snow | KSTP TV - Minneapolis and St. Paul
    Last edited by LG.; 12-12-2010 at 10:29 AM.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And it's still the fall season!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;4125015;
    Vikings update - the roof of the Metrodome has collapsed under the weight of our recent snow. Not sure where they'll be able to play the Giants. as noted above, the game had already been delayed to Monday because the Giants' flight couldn't land here yesterday. I really do live in an arctic wasteland.

Metrodome Roof Collapses Under Snow | KSTP TV - Minneapolis and St. Paul
    They should catch a flight to San Diego -- we won't be using our stadium tomorrow. And our temps are expected to be in the mid-70ºs tomorrow (down from 80º today).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Does anybody know the name of the song on the NFL commercial where the guys are on a bus, and everybody's head is bobbing in time with the beat? It is very catchy, and is accompanied by drummers. My head starts bobbing everytime I hear it. The bus looks like a school bus and, at the end, a bunch of little kids and the mascot gets off the bus.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ford Field will be hosting the game tomorrow night. According to the New York Times, this will be the first Monday night game Detroit has hosted in 10 years.

And Daddyzgirl, if you're up for some live football tomorrow night, it looks like they're giving tickets away for free?!

Source
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 12-12-2010 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4125125;
    Ford Field will be hosting the game tomorrow night. According to the New York Times, this will be the first Monday night game Detroit has hosted in 10 years...
    Too bad this first-in-a-decade game doesn't include the Lions...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Closed Thread