Closed Thread
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2010

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: N F L 2010

I was watching the pre-game show on CBS with James Brown, Boomer Esiason, Shannon Sharpe, and Coach Bill Cowher (Dan Marino was missing). They did a little special on the Bengals talent Chris Henry, who died about 11 months ago from a car mishap. His mother donated his organs, and they showed all of the families that had benefitted from the donation. At the end of it, James Brown (the moderator) was so broken up and in tears that he could not continue. Boomer took the reigns while James got himself together. The other guys were totally quiet. I was fine until James Brown broke down...then my waterworks started. Boomer said that he has a child with cystic fibrosis who may be looking at a lung transplant in the future; he got a little shaky, but he held it together. Everybody was composed, after the break.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4114477;
    I was watching the pre-game show on CBS with James Brown, Boomer Esiason, Shannon Sharpe, and Coach Bill Cowher (Dan Marino was missing). They did a little special on the Bengals talent Chris Henry, who died about 11 months ago from a car mishap. His mother donated his organs, and they showed all of the families that had benefitted from the donation. At the end of it, James Brown (the moderator) was so broken up and in tears that he could not continue. Boomer took the reigns while James got himself together. The other guys were totally quiet. I was fine until James Brown broke down...then my waterworks started. Boomer said that he has a child with cystic fibrosis who may be looking at a lung transplant in the future; he got a little shaky, but he held it together. Everybody was composed, after the break.
    I was able to watch the story on cbssports.com. What a strong woman his mother is and what a beautiful gift for those individuals and their families.

I'm changing the name of my Cincinnati Bengals to Cincinnati Titanics. My heart hurts.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm glad to see the Giants win... I'm sure it will be a nice change for them not to have to sign a wide receiver this coming week. Talk about a depleted receiving corps!

FORT Fanatic

The Chicago Bears are 8-3. One full game ahead of those dastardly Packers. Oh, how happy I am!

MRD

Monday Night Football announcer and former QB for the Cowboys, Don Meredith has passed away today at the age of 72. Always liked him on MNFB better than Cosell any day.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

YouTube - Don Meredith sings 'Turn Out the Lights' They were a good team, the three of them.

FORT Fanatic

It was going to happen sooner or later...Broncos fired their head coach Josh McDaniels.

I think McDaniels made a great coordinator in NE, but he was a terrible coach. He came in with a my way or the highway mentality and the players didn't respond. He drove out Cutler and Marshall (not terrible losses really), but it was the way he did it that bothered me. There was no compromise with this guy. He had too much power and too much control. That's an owner issue too, not just a coach issue.

I would love, love, love Jon Gruden, Jeff Fisher or Bill Cowher to coach Denver. I know, it's not going to happen. We'll probably get a no name coach and once again start the rebuidling process. I just hope they want to rebuild around Tim Tebow and a better defense.

argggggggg my QB had his appendix taken out yesterday

Matt Cassel from the Chiefs

Anymore, it only takes "a minute" for people to get back in action from an appendectomy. When mine was removed (caveman days), I was out of commission for a full 6 weeks. Ruined my Christmas vacation!

Closed Thread