Closed Thread
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2010

FORT Fanatic

Re: N F L 2010

I guess I'm stubborn, but I can't ever forgive/forget what Michael Vick did. Animals are helpless creatures who depend on humans to take care of them. He abused them to the extreme and for that he will forever be evil in my eyes. I don't care how well he can run or throw a football, he'll always be a monster to me.

To the Point

I don't think anyone is minimizing what he did, just saying that he served his time and he seems to be focused on getting his career back on track. I never felt that he needed my forgiveness, and even if he did I would give it. Withholding forgiveness seldom hurts the one to whom it is withheld. It's usually more damaging to the one withholding it.

I'm not a Michael Vick fan by any stretch, and Monday night's may have been an aberration, but he really did look good. Best qb in history? Wow! In only one game? Don't think you can make that leap.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

To be watched, though....that's for sure! I love that he loves to run that ball!! That's the roughneck in him coming out.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

And everyone thought Randy Moss was going to be the trouble maker.

Tennessee Titans' troubles swirl | tennessean.com | The Tennessean

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Saints vs. the Cowboys tomorrow... my family and guests (all men) have voted to eat their Thanksgiving dinner in front of the T.V. So, we're doing a buffet.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

My boss's sister owns this company and she goes to the Thanksgiving game every year along with a couple of other games.

Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4113566;
    Saints vs. the Cowboys tomorrow... my family and guests (all men) have voted to eat their Thanksgiving dinner in front of the T.V. So, we're doing a buffet.
    Definitely rootin' for the Saints, because
    #1) I'm in the ABD club, and
    #2) I still mourn San Diego's utter stupidity of letting Brees go.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4113879;
    Definitely rootin' for the Saints, because
    #1) I'm in the ABD club, and
    #2) I still mourn San Diego's utter stupidity of letting Brees go.
    I'm with you on # 1. While I can understand you mourning the loss of Drew, you don't exactly have a dog at QB either. You may not appreciate him as a person quite as much, but the man has talent and passion for the game. He is not the reasons for the struggles with the Bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4113939;
    I'm with you on # 1. While I can understand you mourning the loss of Drew, you don't exactly have a dog at QB either. You may not appreciate him as a person quite as much, but the man has talent and passion for the game. He is not the reasons for the struggles with the Bolts.
    That's true -- we're lucky in that regard.
    Turner, on the other hand ...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Just wanted to wish everyone a very happy thanksgiving! Enjoy the games today...

I am off to Ford Field to see the Lions get smoked by the Patriots. I am however, looking forward to the halftime show

Closed Thread