Closed Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2010

Re: N F L 2010

Way to go NFL!

Roethlisberger banned 6 games - Yahoo! News

By BARRY WILNER, AP Football Writer Barry Wilner, Ap Football Writer 7 mins ago

NEW YORK Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was suspended for six games without pay Wednesday for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy and ordered to undergo behavioral evaluation.

Commissioner Roger Goodell made the announcement a week after prosecutors decided not to charge Roethlisberger after a 20-year-old college student accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March.

Goodell said the league's conduct policy gave him the right to impose discipline.

"I recognize that the allegations in Georgia were disputed and that they did not result in criminal charges being filed against you," he said in his letter to the two-time Super Bowl winner, a six-year veteran.

"My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated Georgia law, or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. That said, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans."

Roethlisberger must undergo a "comprehensive behavioral evaluation by medical professionals" and may not attend any team offseason activities until that evaluation is completed.

The suspension could be reduced to four games for good behavior. Sitting out all six games would cost him an estimated $2.8 million.

To the Point

Heard that this morning Unk! I was glad to hear it. Ben may not have actually been charged, however, every commentator that I've heard discuss the situation feels that there have been too many bad personal situations and that this was pretty much a given.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Today, I also heard that a trade is not out of the question.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

It's been all over our local news here. The Steelers are looking to trade Ben in exchange for a top ten draft pick.
    Wake up and be awesome

To the Point

Wow! None of the ESPN radio talk show commentators have expected this. They were all saying that they just didn't see Big Ben being traded. That would be huge!

One of the things that an ESPN legal analyst did indicate though was if a civil case is filed, a settlement might be the prudent thing to pursue.

You know, trading Ben would be analogous to moving pedophile priests around, instead of taking a hard line and seriously dealing with the situation.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree, prhoshay. It's the same as saying "he's not my problem anymore - you deal with it!".

On a more pleasant note - Draft Night! I am heading to Ford Field to chant "Suh-perbowl" along with the rest of the fans.

(Not that I ever expect that to happen this year)

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

I'm going to dvr Survivor and Project Runway so I don't miss what happens in the draft. They may be getting more tv time and better ratings, but it sure is messing up my Thursday.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

It doesn't look like the Steelers traded up for a top 10 spot. Oh well. I guess there is going to be a child from Make-A-Wish announcing the Steelers first round draft pick tonight. They have the 18th pick.
    Wake up and be awesome

Sean Payton, New Orleans Saints coach, may have some serious issues.

Sean Payton Denies Lawsuit's Claim He Stole, Abused Painkillers -- NFL FanHouse

Closed Thread