Closed Thread
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2010

Re: N F L 2010

To be taken with a grain of salt of course, but someone on ESPN said that Cowher would not take the Cowboys job. (I've heard him mentioned as a potential replacement for Tom Coughlin if he goes after this year, although I see no reason why he would). I could see Gruden taking the gig, though.

I'll be curious to see how Jason Garrett does, but unfortunately for him, I think the housecleaning in Dallas needs to extend beyond Wade Phillips.

Too bad the Cowboys' housecleaning can't extend to Jerry Jones since that's who we really need to get rid of.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

The Cowboys just can't win, can they? Bet some PR lackey goes the way of Wade Phillips for that one.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4100972;
    To be taken with a grain of salt of course, but someone on ESPN said that Cowher would not take the Cowboys job. (I've heard him mentioned as a potential replacement for Tom Coughlin if he goes after this year, although I see no reason why he would). I could see Gruden taking the gig, though.

I'll be curious to see how Jason Garrett does, but unfortunately for him, I think the housecleaning in Dallas needs to extend beyond Wade Phillips.
    I heard this as well. Said Cowher would not be given the kind of freedom and control that he would want over personnel and players, I believe. I can totally understand that. There were actually several prospects mentioned that would have similar issues with the Cowboy set-up. I think that Cowher will probably be pursued by every team needing a coach.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4100942;
    but, if not, Jerry will go after a proven tough coach like Bill Cowher.
    Would love to see Coach Cowher on the field again, but for the Cowboys . . . . makes my skin crawl.

At least they've gotten the website/domain name thing figured out!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I'm not really into being negative toward other teams even when long established rivalries exist. Even when it's good natured joking it's not always that easy to tell and I just prefer to be supportive of other people's teams. It is just sports, after all, and the world has much more serious problems than sporting rivalries, IMO.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4102544;
    I'm not really into being negative toward other teams even when long established rivalries exist. Even when it's good natured joking it's not always that easy to tell and I just prefer to be supportive of other people's teams. It is just sports, after all, and the world has much more serious problems than sporting rivalries, IMO.
    The Eagles are my hometown team now. But I still root for the Saints and, because I love Michael Oher, I follow the Ravens... and hey, the Steelers are like second cousins (still family)... and I'm always rooting for the underdogs in the playoffs. So, I think I'm an ecumenical football fan. Plus, I adore the uniforms.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4102544;

I have never understood why one can't root for their favoritie team(s) without expressing revulsion for other teams and their fans. As a life-long Yankees devotee, I certainly do not like the Red Sox, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the talent of a Ted Williams or a Kevin Youklis, etc.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

Brett Favre had stated (again) that he plans to retire (again) at the end of this season. Yeah right!! I'll believe it when the season starts and he's not under center. He'll do anything to keep his name in the papers. What a diva.

I saw on ESPN that six Vikings anonymously ripped Brad Childress in the local paper... I think it pretty much goes without saying that he'll be gone at the end of the season, and in that case, I wonder if anyone would take Favre next year.

Closed Thread