Closed Thread
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2010

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: N F L 2010

The Colts are so decimated with injuries that they are more like chopped liver right now, but they are really hanging in there. I keep holding my breath for Peyton's health. They did not win today but they had the Eagles sweating down to the last second! Michael Vick was outstanding today.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Holy crap, Packers! Way to go, guys!
    (And it's still only the third quarter?)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

The Cowboys must be the most talented, ill-coached team yet. Yes, they need a healthy qb rather than the corpse of Jon Kitna, but the mental mistakes they make...

If the Giants are 14 point favorites next weekend in the Meadowlands, it would not surprise me in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4100155;
    ...If the Giants are 14 point favorites next weekend in the Meadowlands, it would not surprise me in the least.
    ...or 38-point favorites...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Wow, Cowboys........just "Wow!" Maybe they should let the cheerleaders try their hand at playing next time.....they can't do any worse! This has got to be terribly painful for Cowboys' fans.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sounds like changes in the coaching staff may come as early as today. Jerry Jones said he couldn't put his finger on a specific problem "because he doesn't have enough fingers."

The Giants should win, handily, but I never love playing teams the week after a major shakeup.

Just read that Wade Phillips is g-o-n-e.

Firing Wade Phillips is just way too little way too late, I think. I feel like crying over how Jerry Jones always undermines my beloved Cowboys with his egomania.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4100668;
    Firing Wade Phillips is just way too little way too late, I think. I feel like crying over how Jerry Jones always undermines my beloved Cowboys with his egomania.
    With Romo out and Kitna the backup, I think they would have had a tough time this season anyway, and for the sake of the Cowboys in the future, I think they're better off having one horrendous season that underscores for Jerry Jones the need to make a change. Phillips has been on the hot seat for the last few years and saved his own butt until now. At least they're finally rid of him and they can move on once and for all.

Is Garrett the new HC? Wonder how he'd have to do to stay?

They're saying Jason Garrett is the interim head coach, Missy. A few years ago Jason had some teams interested in him as a head coach after he did so well with guiding Tony Romo and Jerry Jones gave Jason a huge salary as an offensive coordinator to stay - higher than some head coaches' salaries I think - and it was sort of understood that Jason would get a shot at being head coach. I love Jason - he went to Princeton and his ties with the Cowboys go back to loyally serving as Troy Aikman's back up for a long time - but I don't know if he can instill the kind of discipline the Cowboys need. Maybe that is why Jerry made this change in the middle of the season - if Jason does well the rest of the season he'll get to be head coach next year but, if not, Jerry will go after a proven tough coach like Bill Cowher.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Closed Thread