Closed Thread
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2010

FORT Fanatic

Re: N F L 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4091723;
    LOVED watching the Vikings @ Packers and seeing a Packers victory at Lambeau! It was a crazy close game up to the end, and I think, for all Packer fans, watching the adrenaline-producing, yelling-inducing, heart-pounding Packers game counted as cardio. I thought the post-game hug between Favre and Rodgers was very sweet. (But I wonder what Brett whispered in Aaron's ear: "What's your cell phone number, man? Got some pix to send.")

Back before Brett's midlife crisis, he played some of his best games with a broken thumb. I fully expect him to slap some duct tape on his ankle and try to play, although Childress may duct-tape Brett to his locker. I guess we'll see.

Childress has NO control over what Brett does. Brett runs the team and they both know it. Childress made his bed and now he has to lie in it.

FORT Fanatic

I am an embarrassed Broncos fan. My only hope is that there's not a lock out next year because Denver is almost guaranteed a top 5 draft pick. Maybe we'll also have a new head coach and a new defensive coordinator.

I'm hoping Favre will be benched so Tavaris Jackson gets a chance to show what he might be able to do. I wrote this year off as a huge waste when Favre flew into Minnesota right before the first game. The Vikings need to either play Jackson to see if he is capable of leading the team, or draft someone and get him trained. I hope Brett is gone next year and I hope Childress goes with him. If it sounds like I'm a bit ticked off over the whole situation you'd be right. I mean, look at what the Vikings have. Adrian Peterson, Randy Moss, Percy Harvin, Jared Allen, just to name a few. It's time to get someone who will fill the quarterback position for more than a year.

I did hear a cute joke the other day though: "Poor Brett Favre... even his text messages get intercepted!" *sigh*
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4092376;
    I'm hoping Favre will be benched so Tavaris Jackson gets a chance to show what he might be able to do. I wrote this year off as a huge waste when Favre flew into Minnesota right before the first game. The Vikings need to either play Jackson to see if he is capable of leading the team, or draft someone and get him trained. I hope Brett is gone next year and I hope Childress goes with him. If it sounds like I'm a bit ticked off over the whole situation you'd be right. I mean, look at what the Vikings have. Adrian Peterson, Randy Moss, Percy Harvin, Jared Allen, just to name a few. It's time to get someone who will fill the quarterback position for more than a year.

I did hear a cute joke the other day though: "Poor Brett Favre... even his text messages get intercepted!" *sigh*

I have to steal your joke and share it. It's the funniest joke I've heard in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4092376;
    ...I did hear a cute joke the other day though: "Poor Brett Favre... even his text messages get intercepted!" *sigh*
    And as one of my cousins posted elsewhere:
    "Football is a game of inches. Too bad we all know how many [inches] Favre is playing with."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

It's time to vote for our Pro Bowl favorites!

NFL.com - Pro Bowl Ballot

Vote early and often! You can enter as many votes as you please. I just voted 10 times for Michael Oher.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;4092417;
    I have to steal your joke and share it. It's the funniest joke I've heard in a while.
    I'm recommending it as the tag line for the Sports thread

You guys are cracking me up with the new tag line for the sports thread.

So, I have this story that I think I told last year in the NFL thread that now takes on new meaning. My sister used to travel to Green Bay from NYC a lot for work and met Brett a couple of times at charitable fundraisers. So then we also went to a Jets function the year he was with the Jets because my boyfriend's friend works in the Jet's front office and Brett remembered her and was so friendly with her and I thought he was the nicest, coolest guy. But now, in retrospect, I realize that my sister really resembles this woman that works for the Jets that got the texts and calls as well as Brett's wife. He totally has a type and my sister may have been one meeting away from getting weenie pics!!

On a more serious note, I still really admire what Brett's accomplished and I think one of the hardest (no pun intended) things to realize as a very accomplished athlete is when to call it quits. I felt last year like he would come back one more year to make it an even 20 years and, at the end of this year, now, he'll retire and won't wonder 'what if'. It's looking more and more like he won't play Sunday but I find that very difficult to believe. Sorry, it's turning out this way this year, LB, after I talked him up so much last year. I thought things would really turn around for them when they got Randy Moss but I now think Brett has turned a corner - even without this most recent injury - where he just can't compete the way he used to because of his age.

ETA: Update! I knew he would try to play. Brett practiced today! This article was just posted online by the Boston Herald site so it's a Saturday article talking about whether Brett will play tomorrow (Sunday) against the Patriots:

Brett Favre won’t concede
    Going down with a fight

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - Brett Favre was walking through the Vikings locker room on his way to a lengthy session in the training room after completing his first practice with fractured bones in his left ankle and heel.

The Vikings quarterback is pulling out all the stops to try to force coach Brad Childress’ hand and start tomorrow’s game against the Patriots. If there’s a way to play with a messed-up ankle, he’s going to show he can do it.

So how did the first step go during practice yesterday?

“It went OK,” Favre told the Herald as he made his way to the training room. “Not bad. Can’t complain for 41.”

Picture this same type of scenario eight years from now when Tom Brady [stats], who has expressed a desire to play into his 40s, is the same age and is doing whatever he can to convince Bill Belichick he can still lead the team.

It’s the conundrum of the aging superstar who still has some game left, but isn’t anywhere near what he once was, and the coach who is left with anagonizing decision on which quarterback to play.
    Brett Favre won’t concede - BostonHerald.com

Speaking of the Patriots, has anyone noticed that Tom Brady has a total Justin Bieber do? What's up with that, I wonder?
    Last edited by chrisg; 10-30-2010 at 12:49 AM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I swear I thought Brett Favre was 50! He does not wear his age well, at all.

My next door neighbor said that Brett was at the age where he would start doing those types of things! HUH???? Ok, he's a guy and maybe he knows guys better than I do. I just can't get my head around that statement. And why do guys think that women want to see their pathetic displays of their so-called manhood? Guys.......WE DON'T!

Geez....keep the illusion alive, for goodness sakes!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

To the Point

Your neighbor may have been alluding to the whole "midlife crisis" thing! Brett would be at an age where this behavior may be indicative of that whole bag of poop! Yeah, I don't get it either!

Closed Thread