Closed Thread
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2010

Re: N F L 2010

Hi All - I'm back from NYC and the new Meadowlands. The stadium is absolutely gorgeous and while my team didn't come out with a win (even though I cheered loudly!), I had a fabulous time. Everyone was extremely nice and the guest services guy in my section took the time to explain everything to me and my dad. It was a wonderful visit...

Oh, daddyzgirl, I'm so envious, and of course I'm so glad to hear you had a good trip! How long were you in the city?

The Giants-Packers NFC Championship game from the 2007 season is the subject of tonight's "NFL's Greatest Games" on ESPN. Just WATCHING this game is making me think about getting a blanket and a hot chocolate, and I'm in a 68 degree house.

Ahh and they just showed a clip of Matt Bahr in 1990. With one bar across his helmet, how things change. And Tynes is making my head explode here. Gah.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 10-19-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4087683;
    Oh, daddyzgirl, I'm so envious, and of course I'm so glad to hear you had a good trip! How long were you in the city?
    I was there for 6 days (Thurs - Tues). We stayed in Secauscus, NJ and took the bus over to Manhattan each day. Unfortunately, Thursday was nothing but rain, Friday was cold, Saturday windy but we had a great day for football on Sunday The game was the best part of my trip.

FORT Fanatic

I think the Superbowl is really up for grabs this year. There aren't a ton of "elite" teams. Of course, it's only been 7...things can change, but it'll be interesting to see which teams make the playoffs and which teams (with better records than division winners) don't make the playoffs.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Something stinks! My team is taking an arse-whipping today.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Talk about your trap games, that was an abysmal performance by Brees today, or so says the box score.

Oh my god, 21-0 Raiders 6 minutes into the game. You are kidding.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 10-24-2010 at 04:42 PM.

I can't believe Oakland scored 59 points!!!

Uh, yeah. I'm shocked. What a disaster of a game for Denver.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am glad to know that I was not the only one! Cincinnati exploded for 3 rapid touchdowns, and things started looking hopeful, but ATL...who appeared stymied by that burst...went on to score to more TDs and won the game. Gotta give it to them....ATL was impressive!

Tennessee has been slaying most, too! Once again.....impressive!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm glad you had a fun time in NYC in spite of lousy weather, daddyzgirl. I've been to the new Meadowlands for Jets games since my boyfriend has a good friend who works in the Jets' front office. And I'm glad to hear the Giant fans were nice to you. They're not always so nice to Cowboy fans even outside of the Meadowlands! I wore my Cowboys cap to run out to Grey's Papaya last night and people said mean things to me!! I told them that we're a pathetic 1-4 and to leave us alone!

I'm dreading tonight's Cowboys-Giants game. Regarding the Cowboys downward spiral, I place much of the blame at Jerry Jones' feet. He is a total egomaniac who can't stand having a strong coach coach the team like Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcells, so he hires weak coaches that don't interfere with him but then also don't discipline the players. The Cowboys do have tremendous talent but just no discipline. They've had crazy penalties and turnovers this year. The Giants can have a game like that but then Coach Coughlin comes in and reads them the riot act. Don't you think that's a major difference between the Cowboys and Giants, Missy?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Closed Thread