Closed Thread
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2010

Re: N F L 2010

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4081133;
    What rock was I asleep under when all of this alleged Brett Favre drama came about? Good Grief!
    Have you been to Deadspin yet to listen to the voicemails? It's a tough call - it sure sounds like Brett but I'm still a little iffy. Interesting to see how this turns out.

Originally quoted by Missyboxers
    Great win for the Giants. The defense looked great. Two good weeks in a row, and I'm taking that as a sign that they're getting adjusted to Fewell's new schemes. Offensively, they certainly played well today, but I saw some mental mistakes that could be costly in a closer game (Eli had some ill-advised throws that turned into picks, Bradshaw almost had a fumble). I'd feel better if they cleaned that up, and I'd feel better if I was reading that Bradshaw was carrying a football everywhere with him a la Tiki Barber several years ago, but they're playing much better than they were three weeks ago, and I'll take that.

Lions next week, Cowboys after that and then a bye.
    Looks like the Giants are slowly getting their mojo back. Just in time for them to face my Lions

Finally - can anyone explain what the heck is going on with the Cowboys?!?

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl;4081504;
    Have you been to Deadspin yet to listen to the voicemails? It's a tough call - it sure sounds like Brett but I'm still a little iffy. Interesting to see how this turns out.

Looks like the Giants are slowly getting their mojo back. Just in time for them to face my Lions

Finally - can anyone explain what the heck is going on with the Cowboys?!?
    Sorry daddyzgirl!

I was waiting for chrisg's thoughts, but I'll take a shot at this.

As for the Cowboys, they lead the league in penalties committed by the offense (and they've had their bye where most teams have not), and several of them have been particularly costly. They're also on the losing side of the turnover battle-- they've forced only three while committing seven (two fumbles, five INTs).

I think some of this (the costly penalties especially) come back to the coach. I've never thought of Wade Phillips as a good coach, though, and I think Romo is overrated.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The Bengals head coach, Marvin Lewis, is also starting to catch flack and being accused of not having control over his team. I worry for his future.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I didn't get to see much of the Giants game, as we had early commitments yesterday. Sounds like it was a bit sloppy, but for a game people viewed as a trap game, I'll take the W. Daddyzgirl, I think the Lions have a few more wins left in them this season. I was surprised to look at ESPN's box score and note that the Lions have an 0-4 road record through 6 games... that's a tough early season schedule no matter the opponents. Good luck to them!

Fortunately, the Giants are the Monday night game next week, and then they have a bye. Our cable provider's dispute of the month is with FOX (but only the New York station, not Hartford) and torches and pitchforks will be in order if this isn't resolved by then!

In a related note, I caught part of the Cowboys-Vikes game (flipping between that on old school FOX from Hartford and the Jets-Broncos game from CBS in New York in HD was visually distracting, let me tell ya!). This season will be it for Wade Phillips and I'm not sure I fully believe Jerry Jones' claims that he will not fire anyone during the season. And it's not like they don't have the talent!

What's going on with the Chargers? A couple surprising losses so far...

I didn't get to watch hardly any football yesterday, dagnabit! This morning, I heard the Cowboys being referred to as the Dallas Cowgirls. I did read that my Colts won. Bengals had a bye week.

I've decided that I don't like the games on FOX channel as much as I like the games on CBS. The commentators on CBS are better, IMO, thus making the games more fun to watch. I will still watch either, if they've got what I'm looking for!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4086232;
    ...What's going on with the Chargers? A couple surprising losses so far...
    A lot of stupid mistakes, especially by special teams, and yesterday no protection on the q-back. Dumb, dumb, dumb -- I mean, losing to the Oakland and St. Louis??? L.T. got really p.o.'ed last season when a key playoff game was lost: he said it was because the players were partying and not in good shape for the games, and it finally caught up with them; they relied on being able to catch up at the end and win from behind. After the past two games, I'm inclined to agree. There's no excuse for those losses.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4086296;
    I've decided that I don't like the games on FOX channel as much as I like the games on CBS. The commentators on CBS are better, IMO, thus making the games more fun to watch. I will still watch either, if they've got what I'm looking for!
    You don't live in the New York metro area, do you? I like Phil Simms so on that end, I'm inclined to agree, but thanks to a healthy diet of the Jets on CBS, I mostly watch the games on FOX. I loathe Joe Buck so any time it's Dick Stockton and co, I feel like that's a victory. I usually watch the FOX pregame show, too, when I watch.

Up there with my loathing of Joe Buck is my well-documented dislike of Andrea Kremer... between her, the pregame show, and the shameless ripoff of the Monday Night Football theme, NBC is my least favorite network for their coverage.

I am all about the CBS pregame show!!

I hate that Seau is so troubled. He claims to have "fallen asleep". Yeah....right. Hope he gets help.

Closed Thread