Closed Thread
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2010

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: N F L 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4077193;
    I was glad to see Donovan McNabb do well for the Washington Redskins against his old team, the Philadelphia Eagles. I was sad, however, to learn that the Philadelphia fans booed him. Such unnecessary behavior.
    When he first walked on the field for warmups, they actually cheered and gave him a standing ovation. He smiled and waved to everyone. I didn't watch the entire game, but there weren't any boos initially.
    Wake up and be awesome

I watched the Eagles-Redskins game. Donovan McNabb was given a standing ovation at the beginning of the game by Eagles fans and wasn't booed during the game. It sounded like some of the Eagles fans booed their own team at some points during the game but that definitely happens with Giant fans at the Meadowlands sometimes, too.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;4077200;
    When he first walked on the field for warmups, they actually cheered and gave him a standing ovation. He smiled and waved to everyone. I didn't watch the entire game, but there weren't any boos initially.
    Actually, the boos were drowned out by the cheers and the standing ovation he got!

It was kind of gross how he and Andy Reid hugged it out on camera after the game though.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Randy Moss is once again going to be wearing a Vikings jersey. Back in the day, I always fantasized about what it would have been like if Moss would have had a quarterback of Favre's caliber to catch passes from. I guess now I'll get to see. I just hope Moss has matured since the last time he played for Minnesota.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fanatic

Favre and Moss on the same team..wow, it's diva vs. diva. I hope Brad Childress can handle it. Although, I guess it doesn't matter..it's Favre's team now, not Childress'.

I love October..football, hockey, basketball and baseball are all being played!!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;4079292;
    I love October..football, hockey, basketball and baseball are all being played!!
    It's the most wonderful time of the year

FORT Fanatic

Note to McDaniels:

You drove out Cutler (ok, I never really liked him), you drove out Marshall, now it's looking like you're going to drive out Bailey. WTF!!!!

To quote KGB from Rounders: "pay that man, pay that man his money".

Bailey is one of the best corners in the league, and you're screwing around with him. Sign the darn contract already.

Okay, that's the end of my tirade, but I'll just say this: As a Broncos fan, I'm really, really looking forward to the time when the McDaniels experiment is over. Fire him and get Bill Cowher...oh, he would be awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4077076;

Special teams continues to be a disaster. The last thing Tynes needs is a shaky holder (I think they should use Rosenfels, but that's another story). Matt Dodge can't seem to get comfortable in his own skin, and they give opposing teams such an advantage in starting field position.
    It seems Coughlin agreed with me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What rock was I asleep under when all of this alleged Brett Favre drama came about? Good Grief!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Great win for the Giants. The defense looked great. Two good weeks in a row, and I'm taking that as a sign that they're getting adjusted to Fewell's new schemes. Offensively, they certainly played well today, but I saw some mental mistakes that could be costly in a closer game (Eli had some ill-advised throws that turned into picks, Bradshaw almost had a fumble). I'd feel better if they cleaned that up, and I'd feel better if I was reading that Bradshaw was carrying a football everywhere with him a la Tiki Barber several years ago, but they're playing much better than they were three weeks ago, and I'll take that.

Lions next week, Cowboys after that and then a bye.

Closed Thread