+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Major League Baseball 2010

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Major League Baseball 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;4088942;
    I'm rooting for whatever team can eliminate the Giants. Sorry to any Giants fan, but as a Rockies fan, I have to root against the Giants. Plus, I live close enough to SF that I fear bandwagon fans if the Giants win.
    There's no joy in Mudville this weekend for fans of the Phillies. Last night's game was a cliff hanger and the Giants won 3 - 2. Having watched them in the playoffs, I think they have a very, very good chance of taking the pennant. Cliff Lee can't pitch every game.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Sorry about your Phillies, Poppy, and sorry about the Yankees, Florimel. A lot of people expected those two to be the World Series teams, I think. Mar, who are you rooting for in the World Series? Giants or Rangers?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Our Giants, who art in San Francisco, baseball be thy game.

Thy will be done.

The World Series will be won

On the field, as in the bullpen.

Give us this day our Buster and Cody

And forgive us our errors

As we forgive those who home run against us.

Lead us not into extra innings, but deliver us from Texans

In the name of the Beard, the Freak and the Panda,

Amen.

P.S. The author forgot to mention the other members of the Giants' wild kingdom, the two water buffaloes (Burrell and Huff) and the gazelle (Torres).

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4089813;
    There's no joy in Mudville this weekend for fans of the Phillies. Last night's game was a cliff hanger and the Giants won 3 - 2. Having watched them in the playoffs, I think they have a very, very good chance of taking the pennant. Cliff Lee can't pitch every game.
    So, it's looking like Poppy called this one. Only an inning to go and then it's the Giants. Great job! Who are you picking to make it to the Superbowl, Pop Rocks?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Congratulations, Giants of Baseball, on your world championship! Nice to see a West Coast team win one for a change.

May your football counterparts have a similar fortune.

That was cute Punkin. Congrats to your team.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4096042;
    So, it's looking like Poppy called this one. Only an inning to go and then it's the Giants. Great job! Who are you picking to make it to the Superbowl, Pop Rocks?
    I have no idea. And I always make the wrong picks. I usually go with the team I think has the best looking uniforms.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Congrats to the Giants and to San Francisco! A well deserved world championship, and a long time coming.

This may belong in a 2011 MLB thread, but I'm just going to stick it here... Jon Miller and Joe Morgan won't be the Sunday night team on ESPN anymore.

Jon Miller and Joe Morgan's 21-year run on ESPN's "Sunday Night Baseball" is over.

Morgan's contract is expiring and he will not be renewed. Miller's contract is also expiring though he may remain at ESPN working the "Sunday Night Baseball" series and postseason baseball for ESPN Radio.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4096350;
    I have no idea. And I always make the wrong picks. I usually go with the team I think has the best looking uniforms.
    I just looked back at this thread, now, and saw this Poppy. My Dad is a huge New York Giants fan but I decided that I liked the Cowboys very early on and my Dad says that when I was very little I used to say that I wanted the team with the stars on their helmets to win.

Belated congrats to Giants' fans and best wishes for Rangers' fans and everyone else's team next year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast