+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Major League Baseball 2010

Re: Major League Baseball 2010

Even though I am hardcore Indians fan, Galarraga deserves his perfect game. Everyone knows it, even the umpire who made the initial call.

I understand the unease in getting into instant replay with any sport but I think a call like this would have truly benefited from instant replay being made available to the umpires.

Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3922325;
    Just wanted to share Joe Posnanski's article from today. Such a well-written, heartwarming piece about the fiasco: Joe's Article
    This was an amazing article written by Joe P. I didn't see the game but did manage to catch the replay of the call on one of the Detroit news stations. What struck me most was the interview with Galarraga's afterwards He was so gracious towards Joyce who apologized immediately after seeing the reply. He realizes people make mistakes. As well, Jim Leyland commented on what a great umpire Joyce is.

Did anyone catch the footage of Joyce entering Comerica Park for today's game? He was trying so hard to fight back the tears. Great idea to have Galarraga present him with the line-up card. Also, nice move by the Detroit fans who chose to embrace Jim Joyce today as opposed to booing him.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Boys of October

The Phillies delivered their 4th consecutive NL East Title last night in an 8-0 victory over the Nationals.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

On my way out to Yankee Stadium where the Yankees may be eliminated today. I'm not a huge baseball fan but I'm going with my boyfriend who is. He'll be totally bummed if the Yankees don't make it to the World Series. This Texas Rangers team seems very strong, though, and Yankee pitching has seemed to collapse while A-Rod has reverted back to not contributing much in the postseason. Where's Kate Hudson when you need her?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

2 heads are better than 1 MrMet's Avatar

Hope you had a great time. You certainly picked the right game to go to.

I'm not rooting for the Yanks but I think they do have a fair shot here. Obviously, they need to win two in Texas. Winning game six certainly is a possibility. But Game 7 with Cliff Lee on the hill is going to be the mountain they have to climb. He's dominated in the playoffs thus far, but is he due for a bad start? Probably not, but stranger things have happened.

It's the curse of Cameron Diaz.

I'm rooting hard for the Rangers. Sorry, chrisg. The Yankees do have a glimmer of hope because Cliff Lee has pitched worse in Arlington than on the road.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I'm a life long Yankees fan -- always have been, always will be. It's not going to be easy for them to pull through the next two games. Their bats have been slumping since the end of the regular season. But, I will never count them out. I love Jeter, Posada, and Mo Rivera and I think Robinson Cano is moving right towards that elite group. If they do lose, I'm okay with it being to Texas, a team I admire.

I'd love to see a Giants/Yankees world series. It would take me back to the days when the Giants and Dodgers were still in New York and baseball was played for the love of the game.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

I'm rooting for whatever team can eliminate the Giants. Sorry to any Giants fan, but as a Rockies fan, I have to root against the Giants. Plus, I live close enough to SF that I fear bandwagon fans if the Giants win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast