+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: NHL - Stanley Cup - Conference Finals

It's really, really good though.

Maybe the sun re-energized him. Or getting out of the mountains. Or not playing in the Iginla shadow, or...

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I'm glad you had a good time at the game Eny - sounds like it was awesome!

(And yes, I am still alive. Thanks for the cards and letters. )

I've been to way more games than Ducky (I went to an average of about 35 games a year for the first 6 or 7 seasons the Sharks were in the league - season tickets and no life, dotcha know) but I agree, scoring alone doesn't make for exciting hockey. The most thrilling regular season games I've seen were low scoring. There was a 1-0 game between the Sharks and 'Hawks that I saw once that was unbelievably intense - it was the third game between the two teams in a week. I saw a 0-0 tie between the Sharks and Avs a few years back - watching Nabokov play in his first NHL game and matching the mighty Roy save for save was incredible. I saw a 1-0 game between the Sharks and Avs a year ago in which Selanne scored the winning goal with about 3 seconds to play - incredible!

BTW, I took a friend and his wife to the 'Hawks game I mentioned. She was bored out of her mind. I never wasted tickets on her again. Of course, two years ago she was on a plane and the guy next to her was reading a lot of hockey stuff. She struck up a conversation, saying that she knew a guy that liked hockey enough to read it like that (me.) He revealed that he was doing research - he was in broadcasting covering the NHL. Further conversation revealed that he had been a player. She asked his name, saying "My friend might know who you are." He replied "My name's Tony Granato." Can I say just how bitter I am that it was her in that seat and not me?

NO FUCKING WAY.

She deserves to rot in hell.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Don't you hate it when people who couldn't give a crap give away tickets ? Or waste precious seating

I just found out last week when we were talking to our next door neighbor about the game , She gets tickets all the time for the exec box for her company at the Corel center. She could care less about the game . She just gives em away or doesn't use them

JR.
    Blasphemy! Eny, did you kick her ass?

One of Matt's friends, her dad has corporate box seats and she says she hates going to game because it's so boring.

I was like... get out of my house.

Get this... I know a guy who bought Canucks tickets just because the Grizzlies left town... he hates hockey but says there's no other option so he gives away the tickets whenever something "better" comes up... and even worse, he sometimes doesn't go, leaving the seats empty when he can't be bothered to put the effort into getting rid of them.

No, he is not my friend.

M
    ~M o s a i K~

eny
    FORT Fogey
    :fight Stupid!

Anyway QUACK!!!!

How long is JS gonna go ????

All the way to Stanley's house!

Quack.

The Ducks are really playing great and I give a definite nod for the Conn Smythe to J.S. Giguere! Wow!

Unfortunately, American Idol has kept me away from hockey which I would've never thought possible! Atleast the show will be over in time for the finals! lol

Go Ducks!!!

+ Reply to Thread