+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2009-2010

College Basketball 2009-2010

Now that the conference tournaments are upon us and the Olympics are over, let's talk a little smack.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Re: College Basketball 2009-2010

Well....as a big Duke fan, I think it's hilarious that UNC sucks so badly this season that they'll have to win the ACC tournament to get a shot at the NCAA tourney. A Duke fan in the crowd at last night's game held a sign that said "8 miles isn't far until you're crying all the way home." Love it!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Okay, I've changed my avatar in excitement and anticipation of March Madness ...Bring It On!

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3849817;
    Well....as a big Duke fan, I think it's hilarious that UNC sucks so badly this season that they'll have to win the ACC tournament to get a shot at the NCAA tourney. A Duke fan in the crowd at last night's game held a sign that said "8 miles isn't far until you're crying all the way home." Love it!
    And that they'll make it into the NIT mostly because of the name on the front of the jersey, not the quality of play.

I always enjoy the Crazies, too-- they usually have some pretty funny cheers and signs. Witty and clever. And I can't possibly think of a more dedicated group of fans anywhere in sports. Who else sleeps outside for a month in the winter?

My sister's an alum and she was down there last night, though not in Cameron. She wanted to be in there desperately. I can't even imagine how much fun it would have been to be in that crowd. I got to stand in the student section for a non-conference game once, and that was one of the best sports-related experiences of my life.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 03-07-2010 at 06:31 PM.

The Ohio State women's team won the Big Ten tournament (Go Bucks!) and the men's team won a share of the Big Ten regular season championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3849951;
    I got to stand in the student section for a non-conference game once, and that was one of the best sports-related experiences of my life.
    Cool! I'd love to be there for any game...just to soak up that excitement! I couldn't believe that there were people there last night who had been camping out in tents since December...December...just to get tickets. Now that's dedication!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Yes, I know the Pac-10 sucks this season but if Washington makes it to the final of the Pac-10 Tournament and doesn't get into the NCAA Tournament, I cry foul.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3850163;
    Yes, I know the Pac-10 sucks this season but if Washington makes it to the final of the Pac-10 Tournament and doesn't get into the NCAA Tournament, I cry foul.
    Yeah Pac-10 was really weak this year, but all the sports analysts have been saying the Pac-10 is only getting one bid this year (the automatic Pac-10 tourney winner). I'm praying my Arizona Wildcats can win the tourney so they can keep their tourney streak alive, but its highly unlikely

To the Point

I understand that there was also a sign in Cameron during the UNC debacle that said something along the lines of 'Collecting for UNC disaster relief.' Most of the analyist that I've heard discussing the whole UNC disaster of a season all seem really dumbfounded as to what is going on there. I don't think there has EVER been a team that has gone from hero (champions) to zero in quite this fashion. Yes, they are a young team, but the talent is there and they have a good coach, but something just hasn't been working, that's for sure.

I'm loving my Cats this year! Especially since we sucked so bad the past few years. The talent on this team just amazes me nearly every game. My only fear is that they are too young & inexperienced to go all the way. Our only two loses came from South Carolina where Downey just literally exploded & to a good Tennessee team, although I HATE losing to Tennessee. haha I'm just happy to be excited about Kentucky basketball again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast