+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2009-2010

Re: College Basketball 2009-2010

So excited for Butler, hoping they can finish this run with a championship. GO BUTLER!!!!!!!!!!

If my sister wasn't a Duke alum, I'd certainly be rooting for Butler-- what a great story. In fact, one of the things I've liked the most about this Final Four is that all of the teams are just that-- teams. None of the much-hyped one and done'ers, but groups that seem to be more than the sum of their parts.

That said, although Duke will inevitably be painted as the villain, I have to say that it's been enjoyable to watch this particular group of kids mature into a team that's playing together very well. This group in particular really seems to be very close, and for Scheyer, Thomas and Zoubek, this must be a rewarding ending to what were some frustrating seasons early on. Scheyer was asked after last night's game how it felt to be playing for Duke's fourth national title, and his response was, "Well, it's my first..." And that's easy to overlook.

As for tonight, I'm rooting hard for UConn.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 04-04-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3869242;
    Sorry, Broadway and Yardgnome...I would have never picked Butler over Mich St. Heck, I can't believe that almost 200 people picked a Duke/Butler final.

Go Duke!
    Okay, how much did BOTH teams suck? Butler didn't beat us... we just sucked worse! I knew we were in trouble when Morgan got his second foul... just spelled disaster.

Both teams had longggggg periods where they didn't score. Butler didn't score for well over 10 minutes in the second half. But thank God for them we did everything possible to turn over the ball in every sloppy possible way previously unimagined.

Duke is going to murder Butler. *sigh*
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

To the Point

I will not be at all surprised if Duke does annihilate Butler, however, everyone keeps saying that the teams that Butler played weren't hitting, etc.. While I agree with your commentary on the game Saturday night, I also have to wonder if part of the issue is that Butler is having success on the defensive side in taking people out of their game offensively. That is their style. However, if they don't shoot better tonight, they will certainly go down.

Yes, NCLurker, Butler is fabulous at keeping teams from making shots. They have been VERY successful this tournament at doing that. But their offense stunk (right along with ours... and we helped them look even more impressive on D than they should have. )

I think the Duke guys are going to simply be too big for them to affect in the same manner.

I was wrong. I was very, very wrong. They played the game of their lives tonight.

To the Point

Butler executed their game very well. They proved they were the real deal! I really was conflicted during this game. I am programed to support the ACC, however, I couldn't pull against Butler. I pulled FOR Duke for the majority of the game but everytime Duke would go up by more than 4 I would be talking to Butler to not let them get away. In the last 5 minutes I was pulling for Butler. I just hated to see them lose. They are a VERY young team with a great coach. I really hope that they come back with a vengence next year.

I was very impressed with the way Coach K responded in his press conference last night. He really did give Butler and Brad Stevens their due.

FORT Fanatic

As a mom of 3 daughters, one that plays Div. 1 B-ball. I say bring on the girls! I wish they got their due respect. I'm UConn all the way, and looking forward to the game tonight.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Well, I couldn't watch the first 3/4 of the UConn game... my poor heart couldn't take the stress after last night's Duke game, from which it is still recovering. A 13 point lead seems safe, though. I think I can handle this.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3871808;
    Well, I couldn't watch the first 3/4 of the UConn game... my poor heart couldn't take the stress after last night's Duke game, from which it is still recovering. A 13 point lead seems safe, though. I think I can handle this.
    Yay! UConn Women!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread