+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2009-2010

Re: College Basketball 2009-2010

Oh.My.GOD. What an awesome game... exciting on both ends!! And Unk... knowing that Tayshaun Prince's cousin plays for TN.... hard to not have supported them had they pulled it out. What a great team!

Bring on Butler! (I'll have no nails by the end of this.)
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I agree Broadway. My nails are all gone and my stress level is through the roof after watching MSU in the tournament. It's been great though. Now I'm considering a trip to Indianapolis next weekend to watch my Spartans play.

Just got home from work and have no idea how the game was other than Tennessee lost. Hats off to the Volunteers though, they overcame a whole bunch of problems this year to advance further than any Tennessee team ever. Not bad for a football factory as the Vols have been called for years.

Although it signaled the final demise of my poor, loyal bracket, I am so very happy for the Duke players tonight, happiest of all for Nolan Smith-- what a time to score a career high! I'm also glad for Jon Scheyer that he's found his shot again-- that would have been a frustrating end to his career at Duke, no doubt.

I wonder how many times it has happened that the men's and women's teams from two schools have both faced each other in the same round of their respective tournaments in the same year? For anyone who hasn't seen enough Duke-Baylor action, the women's elite eight game is tomorrow night (although the winner earns a game most likely against UConn...)

To the Point

I have to say that I have enjoyed this tournament greatly. I would love to see a Butler vs. Duke Championship game but I'm not holding my breath. This tournament has been too unpredictable.

I would have enjoyed much more of the tournament if Clark Kellogg wasn't a commentator. He just gets on my last nerve. Found myself muting him.

Since none of my teams made it to the final four, I will be rooting for Butler to win it all

To the Point

Sweet Lady, since I grew up in ACC country my family did have a favorite school, and with the me being the exception, they are all still great UNC fans. However, I attended a smaller, non-ACC school and through the years have found that I have little allegiance to any one school. In the NCAA I am an ACC fan, period. I tend to find myself pulling for any ACC team and most of the underdogs. I do have ACC schools I prefer over others. However, at the risk of having tomatoes thrown, I do tend to pull against all Big East and Big Ten schools. With this approach, I always have either someone to root for, or against. Have to admit though, without Duke, Butler or both in the final I may tune out.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3865217;
    However, at the risk of having tomatoes thrown, I do tend to pull against all Big East and Big Ten schools. With this approach, I always have either someone to root for, or against.

This was the result of my throws.....
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

To the Point

Broadway, I think I would have been disappointed had someone not done that! Made my morning. If it makes you feel any better, I always feel really sorry for the losing players no matter who they play for. Doesn't necessarily make me wish they'd won, I just hate seeing the incredible disappointment on their faces.

Sorry, Broadway and Yardgnome...I would have never picked Butler over Mich St. Heck, I can't believe that almost 200 people picked a Duke/Butler final.

Go Duke!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread