+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2009-2010

Re: College Basketball 2009-2010

This is why I love March Madness! All of the upsets this weekend have made for some exciting games. I especially love that the #1 seed is out!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fanatic

My picks to win it all
    NCAAW-Who else UConn..gotta love Tina Charles and Maya Moore
    NCAAM-Kentucky! John Wall all the way!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3859462;
    My picks to win it all
    NCAAW-Who else UConn..gotta love Tina Charles and Maya Moore
    NCAAM-Kentucky! John Wall all the way!
    I agree with both picks.

John Wall is a VERY talented young man. I will be extremely surprised if he isn't one and done. My hope for John is that he will be mature enough to handle the NBA and all the other "stuff" that goes with playing in the big league and having all the $$ and attention. I've read that there is probably at least one more very talented freshman on this team that is expected to go the same way. That being said, I think this thing is Kentucky's to lose, however, any team is vulnerable if met at the right time by the right team.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3859608;
    I agree with both picks.

John Wall is a VERY talented young man. I will be extremely surprised if he isn't one and done. My hope for John is that he will be mature enough to handle the NBA and all the other "stuff" that goes with playing in the big league and having all the $$ and attention. I've read that there is probably at least one more very talented freshman on this team that is expected to go the same way. That being said, I think this thing is Kentucky's to lose, however, any team is vulnerable if met at the right time by the right team.
    I think you are talking about Cousins as the other very talented freshman that might go pro after this season. Personally, I think Wall just might be mature enough to handle everything. Ive watched every UK game this year, and he definitely does not play like a freshman and doesn't make those freshman mistakes. He's a very solid and mature player. And he's SO much fun to watch.

Anyway, I'm so glad my Cats are putting up some impressive victories. With Kansas out of the picture, I'm very excited about our chances. We have to take one game at a time, but I'm getting pretty excited about of us heading to Indy for the final game. GO CATS!!!!

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Bethie;3859786;
    I think you are talking about Cousins as the other very talented freshman that might go pro after this season. Personally, I think Wall just might be mature enough to handle everything. Ive watched every UK game this year, and he definitely does not play like a freshman and doesn't make those freshman mistakes. He's a very solid and mature player. And he's SO much fun to watch.

Anyway, I'm so glad my Cats are putting up some impressive victories. With Kansas out of the picture, I'm very excited about our chances. We have to take one game at a time, but I'm getting pretty excited about of us heading to Indy for the final game. GO CATS!!!!
    I really wasn't speaking basketball maturity. I know that John can handle that aspect. My concern is that he may not be able to handle having too much too soon. Living in the RDU area I've been hearing and reading about Wall for several years. He, like many teenagers, hasn't always been known to make the wisest choices. The difference is that most teenagers don't have his athletic abilities with the likelihood of being drafted for a large sum of cash and much media attention. Just a whole lot of room for making stupid decisions there. Hopefully he will have matured greatly during this year in Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3860013;
    I really wasn't speaking basketball maturity. I know that John can handle that aspect. My concern is that he may not be able to handle having too much too soon. Living in the RDU area I've been hearing and reading about Wall for several years. He, like many teenagers, hasn't always been known to make the wisest choices. The difference is that most teenagers don't have his athletic abilities with the likelihood of being drafted for a large sum of cash and much media attention. Just a whole lot of room for making stupid decisions there. Hopefully he will have matured greatly during this year in Kentucky.
    You're right that getting so much at such a young age might be hard to handle. And I'm right there with you in hoping that he will be able to do it. I'm not from the Lexington area, so I have no idea about his off the court actions or choices, but he just seems so calm and collected on the court. It makes him seem older than what he actually is. It's hard to watch him on the court and remember that he's only 18.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3860013;
    Didn't Wall have some issue with breaking and entering? Think it was reduced. Or something similar? I think that was part of the reason UNC backed off on recruiting him. Along with some issues with his handlers. NBA has gotten better at directing the rookies. With draft picks getting younger, the league has to protect its image by protect these young players. Wall and Cousins (who I think will go) should be fine off the court. Cousins can be a litttle hot-headed on the court. Could be interesting on the court for him against NBAers.
    Down the middle drops one more grain of sand.
    They say that new life makes losing life easier to understand.
    Words are kind, they helped ease the mind. I'll miss my old friend.
    And though you gotta go, we'll keep a piece of your soul.
    One goes out, One comes in.

To the Point

Yes, he did have legal issues. The details always seemed a bit sketchy so it was really difficult to judge just how serious the incident and/or any underlying issues might be. It was misdemeanor breaking and entering, don't know if it was reduced down to this or not....can't remember. Hopefully it was just very poor judgement from a teenager who really just wasn't thinking about the impact of his foolishness.

These kids are killing it in this Xavier/KState game. All these big 3s

Tennessee advances to the Elite Eight for the first time ever!! That was a great game. Tennessee 76 Ohio State 73. I was glad to see the Vols advance.

+ Reply to Thread