+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2009-2010

Re: College Basketball 2009-2010

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3850393;
    I understand that there was also a sign in Cameron during the UNC debacle that said something along the lines of 'Collecting for UNC disaster relief.' Most of the analyist that I've heard discussing the whole UNC disaster of a season all seem really dumbfounded as to what is going on there. I don't think there has EVER been a team that has gone from hero (champions) to zero in quite this fashion. Yes, they are a young team, but the talent is there and they have a good coach, but something just hasn't been working, that's for sure.
    Yes, "Text 90999 to contribute $10 to the UNC Disaster Relief Fund." There were a bunch of good ones.

Did you have tickets to the women's Big East tourney again this year Missy?

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

The top-ranked Connecticut Huskies made women's college basketball history Monday night -- not that you would have known it by watching them.

Tina Charles scored 16 points and Maya Moore added 11 to help U-Conn. win an NCAA-record 71st straight game, a 59-44 victory over No. 6 Notre Dame (27-5) in the semifinals of the Big East tournament in Hartford, Conn.

The Huskies didn't gloat, though. They didn't even celebrate. Just another night's work for Coach Geno Auriemma's latest dynasty.

At the final horn they just shook hands with the Irish -- the way they have with opponents after nearly every other game during their incredible streak.

"I can't think anything is more important than winning and playing in the Big East championship for these kids," Auriemma said.
    Last edited by Bunny555; 03-09-2010 at 03:05 AM.

No, in the past we've gone to early rounds of the women's NCAA tourney, but none of the host sites, even for the first round, are in Connecticut or New York this year! However, on the men's side, we did get to go to a couple preseason NIT games at Madison Square Garden, as well as the Duke-Gonzaga game, so that's going to have to do!

I was shocked that UConn lost by over 20 points to St. John's in the Big East Tournament.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

UConn looked like they did not care at all.

Interesting day. This afternoon, both lower seeds in the ACC and Big East Tournaments won.

To the Point

Crazy year for the ACC! I'm sitting here trying to figure out exactly what it was I wanted to say and words fail me....

Higher seeds in many of the tournaments cannot BUY a win. Ohio State won today on a buzzer beater, as did West Virginia yesterday, the Duke game was close until near the end, but there have been a ton of upsets yesterday and continuing today. UMiami's done it twice so far.

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Big 12 Championship game ...coming up!

My Cats are playing in the SEC championship game tomorrow against Miss. St. I'm so pumped! GO CATS!

I hope your favorite team is in it!

Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

+ Reply to Thread