+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 112 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

CCL

Re: The Olympic Games

I'll be watching for Lochte. /shallow
    Plus hoping that Alexandre Despatie recovers from his concussion in time for the diving.
    I used to have an old exercise tape (VHS) where Dara Torres was one of the women showing the movements behind the coach. And then, last time round, I saw her on the Olympics and it was so cool! It would have been great if she made it again, but I think she's accomplished a lot in her time.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Opening ceremonies tomorrow!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CTV Canada is showing them live - will PVR them until I get home from work at 5pm. So excited! I love watching the smaller countries walk in and the look on their faces

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    CTV Canada is showing them live - will PVR them until I get home from work at 5pm. So excited! I love watching the smaller countries walk in and the look on their faces
    Yes. I will watch CTV. I am lucky to see it unfold live
    -Andy Rooney-

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

It's going to be like New Year's Eve again at my house. My kids are finally old enough to make it to the end of the Opening Ceremonies, so we're going to be cheering the world's athletes as they take center stage tonight.

The Winter Games are fun but I'm all about the Summer ones. Bring on the swimming, crew, and the beach volleyball!!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I prefer the summer games, although I do hope it doesn't start pouring with rain again.

I loved the last winter games. BC did a fabulous job! and the scenery was awesome
    JohnnyK likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Is it just me? I was disappointed in the Opening Ceremonies.
    Ellen likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Is it just me? I was disappointed in the Opening Ceremonies.
    Thank you! I have been the only one of my friends that was disappointed. I was bored to be honest. I hope this is not a start of how the games will go for me.
    There's no place like home!

I liked the musical part but wanted Doctor Who(the TARDIS sound was a couple of seconds) and Monty Python!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I really liked the Mr. Bean/Chariots of Fire skit, the Queen's entrance, and Paul McCartney but the rest was kind of meh. Frankie & June thank Tim - what the heck was that? And the nightmare part? I had to keep checking that my kids weren't scared. Nevermind having Voldemort and Capt. Hook being vanquished by...Mary Poppins?!? Where was Harry or Peter Pan? That was just ridiculous! And don't get me started on the creepy baby... Disappointing.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread