+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 112 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

Re: The Olympic Games

It is a bittersweet start to the Olympics and such a sad loss today . . . I do not have the strength to watch the footage . . . may Nodar Kumaritashvili rest in peace. God Bless our Olympians and keep them safe!

Let the Games Begin! I am so looking forward to 2010 Winter Olympics! Rooting for Team USA!

Vancouver do you need snow? . . . we have Snow in the South that we will gladly send your way!

Enjoy the games!

Alrighty then, first shedding of tears!! 15 more days! I need a box of tissue next to my loveseat

I just watched CEO of the Vancouver Olympic Committee John Furlong, his history coming to Canada from Ireland as a young man. Arriving in Canada, the custom's officer told him to do his part to keep Canada a great country. The challenges, the hopes and dreams of bringing his idea of getting the Olympics in Vancouver, what a great story.

The commercials are killing me, so moving!!! Anyone else getting the fabulous commercials?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3827130;
    Alrighty then, first shedding of tears!! 15 more days! I need a box of tissue next to my loveseat

I just watched CEO of the Vancouver Olympic Committee John Furlong, his history coming to Canada from Ireland as a young man. Arriving in Canada, the custom's officer told him to do his part to keep Canada a great country. The challenges, the hopes and dreams of bringing his idea of getting the Olympics in Vancouver, what a great story.

The commercials are killing me, so moving!!! Anyone else getting the fabulous commercials?

It's been really moving so far! Can't wait for the opening ceremonies.

I have nothing against The Govenor General, Michaelle Jean, but why is she getting all that camera time and hardly any for PM Harper?

Probably because she is Haitian.

FORT Fogey

The haitian thing. I love germany's outfits

Good point, re Haitian.

I love the countries with one or two athletes. Such dedication!

The always well dressed Italians, as the announcer said. I have so many different countries/athletes to root for.

I'm loving the Brian Williams reporting, I've been watching him on the Olympics for as long as I can remember.

I also love when they show the President/Prime Minister of the country as the athletes walk by. So proud.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 02-12-2010 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3827130;

Count me in for some tissue. I can't stop tearing up! Great story about Furlong and I love that Rick Hansen is doing a series on difference makers. The commercials are awesome!

Great job by CTV so far although I'm flipping to NBC's coverage because I like Bob Costas.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I'm all teary now too, watching Canada enter the stadium. This opening ceremony is going very well.

Canada and USA very impressive ending to the athletes parade! So patriotic, they all looked great in their Olympic gear. I love it!!!

+ Reply to Thread