+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 112 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

Re: The Olympic Games

Just a FYI, the Canada Olympic gear that was impossible to get back in February is back at The Bay and Zellers (I'm in Southwestern Ontario). I bought one of the hoodies I was desperately seeking back then!

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl;3940831;
    Just a FYI, the Canada Olympic gear that was impossible to get back in February is back at The Bay and Zellers (I'm in Southwestern Ontario). I bought one of the hoodies I was desperately seeking back then!
    I just saw this post! I'll have to go check our Zellers/the Bay. The assortment and sizes were awful around Christmas time. Were they any better this time around?

I completely forgot that I posted in the thread - sorry I didn't reply to your post GuardianAngel. I hope you were able to find something. There were plenty of sizes when I was there.

Just wanted to let my fellow Canadians know that the infamous red mittens are back *with a bit of a redesign*

Hot Item: Olympic mittens relaunched

TORONTO After an immensely popular launch leading up to the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, the red mittens are back in support of Canada's Olympic team.

The Canadian Olympic Foundation, along with its partner the Hudson's Bay Co., launched a new design of the mittens on Tuesday, with $10 from each pair sold going to the development of national athletes.

More than 3.5 million pairs of the original mittens were sold after their October, 2009 release and could be seen in all corners of the country during the Vancouver Games.

"We have no doubt that this next generation of mittens will once again be a hot ticket item, reminding Canadians of our athletes' incredible achievements in 2010 as well as raising much-needed funds for the next generation of athletes," David Armour, CEO of the Canadian Olympic Foundation, stated in a news release.

The mittens are on shelves and online at the Bay, Zellers and Home Outfitters stores.

I like the new design of the "red mittens". Hopefully it will be a big hit.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I like the new design as well! Yes I did end up finding them. I also bought three pairs, childrens sizes, they are so darn cute, for my great nieces/nephews and grownup pairs, 1pair for myself, and some as gifts.

So now we can say we have the "original design"!

Yes, we do have the originals, we are so lucky - I have one pair with the tags still on and one pair I wear all the time. Can't wait to get some new ones (and support our Olympic Athletes at the same time!)

FORT Fogey

The 2012 Olympics are almost here!!! I'm so excited because I am an Olympics nuts, and always have been.

I've been watching some of the trials: Diving and Track & Field so far. Gymnastics trials are later this week. I am so shocked about the USA women's 100 M 3rd Olympic berth. They didn't have a tie-breaker procedure for third place! Here's the article detailing what they are going to do:

The incredible tie in the 100 m race at the U.S. Olympic trial: What happens next? - Yahoo! News

Basically, have the athletes decide if they want to do a coin toss or a runoff. I know if it was me, I wouldn't leave it to chance. No matter, how tired I was, I'd run another race. So I knew that I had done everything in my power to qualify for that event.

I too, am excited about the Olympics! Enjoying the Swimming Trails tonight and looking forward to Gymnastics.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Love swimming and gymnastics. Diving scares me and fascinates me all at the same time. I marvel at those who can run the hurdles - being short and clumsy, I wouldn't even try!

Thirty more days.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I watched the ladies gymnastics "trials" tonight and wow, how are they going to pick only 5 of them? SO much talent!

That event can't really even be called trials, since only the first place finisher is guaranteed a spot on the team. The rest are picked based on many other factors. I can only imagine how difficult it will be to chose that team.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread