+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 112 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

CCL

Re: The Olympic Games

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3842946;

Hey, let's just count our lucky stars that Celine Dion did not perform. Trust us, you guys can keep her. She seems to have settled in there so nicely.
    We still had to deal with Avril Lavigne performing...oh, yay.
    Overall I thought the closing ceremonies were rather blah. I fast-forwarded through a good portion. I preferred the opening ceremonies.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Something just reminded me. The funniest thing we saw yesterday was as we were driving out of Vancouver. There was a guy standing at the trunk of a car in a convenience store parking lot right on the side of the road who was completely buck naked except for a Canadian flag he had draped over his shoulders and a hat. He looked like he had just decided to change his clothes out in public. I'm guessing there were some "sleeves" of beer involved in that decision making process. Or, at least I hope so.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3843435;
    Something just reminded me. The funniest thing we saw yesterday was as we were driving out of Vancouver. There was a guy standing at the trunk of a car in a convenience store parking lot right on the side of the road who was completely buck naked except for a Canadian flag he had draped over his shoulders and a hat. He looked like he had just decided to change his clothes out in public. I'm guessing there were some "sleeves" of beer involved in that decision making process. Or, at least I hope so.
    !! I'm guessing there were more than a few people who had trouble dragging their butts into work today!

Thanks for the fun everyone! Congrats to all the athletes for putting on such an amazing show. Congrats to the US for getting the highest total of medals EVER in a winter olympics! And congrats to Canada for coming together with such spirit and unity, and to our athletes for doing us so proud and for setting a record for gold medals won in a winter olymipcs!

WOW, what a hockey game!!! Congrats to both teams for a truely fantastic end to the games! Glad everyone enjoyed my pics, it was hard trying to narrow it down to a few...and then I still added a couple more! lol! I really enjoyed the closing ceremonies, it was a great tribute to a great country, showed our humour as well as our talent! I thought this years winter Olympics were the most exciting that I can remember, way to go Canada for the most gold metals and to the United States for the most metals ever! ...already getting excited for the next round!!

It appears someone had microphones across the harbour pointed at the city when Canada scored the overtime goal in the gold medal game. The whole country must've sounded like that !!!

(wait until about 1:18 minutes during playback)

YouTube - The sound of Vancouver, when Team Canada wins gold.

I saw that link earlier, canuck! This is the one though that made me wish I were in Vancouver when the big goal happened:

(the goal happens pretty early, so make sure to pay attention right from the beginning!)

YouTube - Team Canada vs USA 2010 Olympic gold medal game winning goal by Sydney Crosby

Love is the only reality Agentcurls's Avatar

YouTube - Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir Tribute

My tribute to Canadian ice-dancing gold medalists Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

FORT Fogey

it seems Mao asada beat Kim ya for the world title. The americans didn't do well in the free skate

FORT Fogey

Ten years later, the IOC strips China of their gymnastics bronze.

China punished for using 14-year-old gymnast - Olympic Sports- nbcsports.msnbc.com

Too bad for the Chinese gymnasts on that team though, as they weren't the cheaters. It was their coaches and officials, and they won't be punished. This is nice for the American team, as the 2000 team was always considered such a failure in comarison to other American olympic teams. Congratulations on getting the bronze, ladies!

It took them 10 yrs to figure this out, when everyone knew especially back in 2000 that they were clearly under age.

BTW If I were the American's, I wouldn't want that medal, give me a new one!

Thanks for sharing SpringMaiden27!

+ Reply to Thread