+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 112 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

Re: The Olympic Games

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3842504;
    Just minutes before Mr. S and I were screaming at the television telling Crosby to STEP IT UP!!! And boy, did he ever!

Seriously, that was the best gold medal game I have ever seen. Congrats to Team USA for such a hard-fought game. That tying goal was stupendous and I felt so good for that kid who scored it, even as I was horrified for us. But thank goodness we pulled it out!

Did anyone see the reaction shots from all the pubs across the country!! I am thinking we will set a record for beer sales this afternoon!
    I did, that was incredible!!! From the streets and stadiums in BC to Cole Harbour Nova Scotia (Sid Crosby's Home Town) the pubs and streets in Toronto, to our troops in Kandahar!! I would love to see that camera work again, that was so moving!

FORT Fogey

Wow, what a way to end these Games. Congrats to Canada Hockey! Good job USA Hockey!

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

That set a record btw, 14 gold medals for Canada, the most gold medals ever for any one country in a Winter Olympics. How sweet is that? I can't stop grinning.

Congrats to Canada for the gold in Men's hockey and a great winter olympics. It's been fun. I hate to see it coming to an end.

Team USA - great job!

Proud American

GA, I bet you will be able to find those reaction shots on youtube soon. That was so much fun!

My SIL and her DH (American) and kids live in Tucson, and my in-laws (Canadian) are there so they all watched together, with half cheering for Canada and half cheering for the US. Man, I wish we lived closer, that would have been a BLAST. They phoned just a minute or two after Crosby scored, and I answered screaming.

I am in Miami at a conference set up by Bank of Montreal. They had 2 giant screen TV's set up in the hotel and about 200 Canadians and 100 Americans were there for the game. What a heart stopper! Miller was astounding in goal. I had to laugh at the end of the game when they brought out red shooters (that tasted like cough syrup, ouch!). There were executives with Canadian flags painted on their foreheads, cowbells and hockey jerseys. It was exciting. At the end of the day, it was nice to share a drink with our American friends and salute a fabulous North American final.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3842533;
    That set a record btw, 14 gold medals for Canada, the most gold medals ever for any one country in a Winter Olympics. How sweet is that? I can't stop grinning.
    Gold Silver Bronze Total
    1976 Innsbruck 1 1 1 3
    1980 Lake Placid 0 1 1 2
    1984 Sarajevo 2 1 1 4
    1988 Calgary (host) 0 2 3 5
    1992 Albertville 2 3 2 7
    1994 Lillehammer 3 6 4 13
    1998 Nagano 6 5 4 15
    2002 Salt Lake City 7 3 7 17
    2006 Turin 7 10 7 24
    2010 Vancouver (host) 14 7 5 26

Each year since 1976, medal count increased. I can't remember the percentage of these games, but a good number of them were won by females.

sweet: I would have gone over to Buffalo NY to watch the game, I have some very good American friends, but the boarder would be a nightmare, and the weather is awful, 2 feet of snow this weekend, otherwise I enjoy the rivalry with my US friends.

canuk: Its nice to hear the head honcho's at BMO got into the spirit!

That was an AWESOME Gold Medal game... it was one of the most exciting I've seen in a while.

It's been wonderful spending the last 17 days with everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3842545;
    GA, I bet you will be able to find those reaction shots on youtube soon. That was so much fun!

My SIL and her DH (American) and kids live in Tucson, and my in-laws (Canadian) are there so they all watched together, with half cheering for Canada and half cheering for the US. Man, I wish we lived closer, that would have been a BLAST. They phoned just a minute or two after Crosby scored, and I answered screaming.
    CTV continues to show it!!! Did you see downtown Toronto? Yonge Street a very popular busy street has been closed. I love the crowds everywhere, right across the country, great camera work!

Congrats to Canada!!

You guys deserved the medal.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread