+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 112 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

Re: The Olympic Games

I guess the Hockey Gawds don't realize I mean it when I say no o/t and no shoot outs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3842481;
    I guess the Hockey Gawds don't realize I mean it when I say no o/t and no shoot outs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree!! (rooting through the cupboard for some alcohol) - c'mon Canada, you can do this!!

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3842400;
    Running in to say Good luck to both the US and Canadian teams. I know only one can win but I'm happy for both teams to be in the final together. This has been an amazing Olympics and I think this hockey final is the perfect way to cap it off, no matter who wins. Big love to all our Canadian FORT brethren!!

ETA: My 5yr-old son just realized that the US and Canada are playing each other and said that there needs to be a tie so both teams can win!
    What great sportsmanship your son has! I also think this is the perfect end to these great and fun Olympics! Doing a little calming yoga breathing while waiting for overtime to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3842412;
    ARGH!!! That seriously pisses me off! I only saw the gold medalists (except for Shen and Zhao, who I probably just missed), Joannie, Plushenko and Charlie and Meryl. That's it If anyone knows where I could watch it online, could you let me know either here or by PM?

I've read some complaints online about the figure skating commentators, but I was okay with them. A bunch of people were calling for NBC to bring back Dick Button, but I don't think that's going to happen. Frankly, in the few pieces I saw him do with Bob Costas, he seemed a little off to me. He's in his 80's now, so he may just be getting a little slow. He seemed to be struggling to find words and it felt like he wasn't expressing himself the way he wanted to.
    Earlier today, I found an interactive graphic on the New York Times website depicting what exactly underrotation and wrong edge look like. They posted it Tuesday, but it would have been helpful a week ago, and if NBC had broken it down in a similar way, it would have been helpful, at least for those of us who are visual learners.

Congratulations CANADA. Great game!
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Sid the kid did it!!!!!! Oh man, this was the best hockey game I've seen!!! Congrat's Team Canada!!!!

Team USA you gave the guys a run for their money, what an great job!!!!

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Canadian Women & Canadian Men win Hockey gold in 2010. WOOHOO!

Just minutes before Mr. S and I were screaming at the television telling Crosby to STEP IT UP!!! And boy, did he ever!

Seriously, that was the best gold medal game I have ever seen. Congrats to Team USA for such a hard-fought game. That tying goal was stupendous and I felt so good for that kid who scored it, even as I was horrified for us. But thank goodness we pulled it out!

Did anyone see the reaction shots from all the pubs across the country!! I am thinking we will set a record for beer sales this afternoon!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by homeontherange;3842485;
    What great sportsmanship your son has! I also think this is the perfect end to these great and fun Olympics! Doing a little calming yoga breathing while waiting for overtime to begin.
    Well, I admit we went a little wild at the score with :24 left and then wondered if DS is a little clairvoyent-LOL!

Congrats to our Canadian friends on your win. It was a great game and a fun Olympics. Can't wait to see what you all have in store for us with the Closing Ceremonies.

Did anyone see the reaction shots from all the pubs across the country!! I am thinking we will set a record for beer sales this afternoon!
    I'm jealous--I ran out during the 2nd period and stores are closed here on Sundays. Ah, well.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3842505;
    Congrats to our Canadian friends on your win. It was a great game and a fun Olympics. Can't wait to see what you all have in store for us with the Closing Ceremonies.
    ITA! Congrats to our Canadian friends on your fantastic win! This has been a great Olympic season . . . down to the last few hours. Thank you dear neighbors for being wonderful hosts! Also waiting for a wonderful closure tonight from you fantastic Canadians!

I am singing now . . . "O, Canada!" (clear the room!)

+ Reply to Thread