+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Re: The Olympic Games

Canada Women's Hockey team wins the gold medal! /dance

M Shell great pics. It's my home town and I miss it. The women won GOLD in hockey. How sweet is that? What a great game. Thanks again for the wonderful pictures. And a big woot! for an all North American final!

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3839849;
    As far as sending the skiers down the hill a minute apart, a Canadian (? I think) announcer suggested they should do that with the bottom 30 skiers, and let the top 30 or so skiers go down separately. I guess he thought the ones that had a chance of medalling should be given a clear shot. I thought about that for a while and I'm not sure if I agree. The games are about equal opportunity for all, and maybe an unknown could pull it out for a gold. You never know. It's going to be another late night in the canuck house as we watch women's hockey, curling and the ice skating.
    I can't remember whether it was the Times or the Journal, but the way the article was written made it seem like they don't normally send the skiers a minute apart, but with the weather, they were trying to get the race over more quickly, and that's why they did it this time. I could be completely wrong, but that was what I got from my reading.

As for the West Coast tape delay, my guess is that NBC has no idea what to do with the 9 pm - 12 am hours if they don't tape delay the Olympics, and figure that since most viewers don't have any other choice, they'll watch if they're interested, and NBC will get the ratings anyway.

Mshelll... great pics and travelogue (and gorgeous pic of yourself!) I love your excitement.. and am envious that both you and Mariner got to experience the fun!

They just showed the women's hockey team receiving their medals. They were having such fun singing! Yay!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

M shelll!! Fantastic pics, thanks for sharing!!! Sounds like you had a fabulous time, what a great experience for you!!!

Congrats Canada Women's Hockey! Gold medalists!!! One hockey gold down, one more to go!!

All the medalists played such a great tournament, what a pleasure to watch all of them!

You know, I get that they're trying to show us interesting things about Canada, but when I tune into a sporting event, am I asking too much if I'd like to see sports and not Mary Carrillo visiting with loggers?? Riveting TV that is not!

Glad you had such a good time M shell, it sounds like a wonderful experience and your pics are great!

Congrats to the women's hockey team...gold baby, gold!

Pretty cool to see Wayne Gretzky and Michael J. Fox in the crowd. Could have done without seeing Harper and Campbell sitting together though (shudder).

The men's team, watching from the boxes, were all so serious. You can tell they are focused about the next game, and hopefully the last game after that. No pressure, guys! You'd think they would be sporting a smile for the women's team, but they were really sombre the both times the camera panned to them. Let's hope they pull it out and win their own gold on Sunday. You can believe almost every television set in Canada will be watching that game!!

Perhaps I should hold my words until the end, but Plushenko probably thinks that Mao Asada should be receiving the gold medal for the ladies-- after all, she's the only woman who has ever landed three triple axels in a competition ever, so surely she must be the best, right?

Late addition: Samson and Delilah was a great musical choice by Joannie Rochette-- they were clearly already in her corner, but as the music picked up, she really got the crowd into it. I hope this bronze holds.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 02-25-2010 at 11:45 PM.

Wow, some beautiful performances tonight in figure skating, but it was obvious Una Kim was almost perfection. I'm soooo happy for Joannie though, to come away with a bronze medal. Mirai Nagasu performed beautifully too, though, and it was very close at the end.

Congrats to Una Kim and Brian Orser for winning gold! Joannie, the entire country is so proud of you!

+ Reply to Thread