+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

Re: The Olympic Games

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3837857;
    This editorial from the Russian newspaper Pravda just made me laugh with its ridiculousness:

Source: The Province/Canwest Publishing: What they're saying
    Its ok, what goes around comes around. We'll see you in Russia Feb 7 2014

Go Team Canada 5 Russia 1 in the 2nd period!!!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 02-24-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3839063;
    I haven't seen any skating this year because of that. They show you one skater to get you intersted, then we'll be back later. Sorry, I have to get up at 5:30 and I can't stay up that late to watch. I've NEVER like NBC's coverage.
    We are so fortunate! I'm getting approx 7or more stations, all Olympic coverage, you can find just about anything live on each one of those stations. For eg I'm watching live hockey right now, but I can switch to Womens bobsleigh on another station, live. CTV promised 23 hours coverage, they are doing a fantastic job. Yesterday was the first time I saw an hour news coverage.

I can't stay up late either, I did last week several nights but I'm an early bird too and it catches up on you.

Russia goes home empty handed in hockey!!

WTG Team Canada! Team Canada beat Russia for the first time in 50 years!!

7-3 Canada over Russia. The Canadians came to play tonight and were flying. Yes, our coverage is great. I watch CTV, TSN, SNHD and NBC. It's great to see things live, and in full.

ETA: WOW, gold and silver in bobsled. What a night!
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 02-24-2010 at 10:06 PM.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3839466;
    7-3 Canada over Russia. The Canadians came to play tonight and were flying. Yes, our coverage is great. I watch CTV, TSN, SNHD and NBC. It's great to see things live, and in full.

And a bronze in women's short track 3000 metre relay and a bronze for Clara Hughes in the 5000 metre long track as well. A great day for Canada!

ETA: bronze in the relay was upgraded to a silver as Korea was disqualified.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

What a great day for Canada! I'm sorry I didn't pay attention to anything else tonight. I have lots of catching up to do, I'm just enjoying the moment!! Whew!!

Looking forward to checking here in the morning, for all the other fantastic moments everyone else had today/tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3838872;
    I fell asleep during last night's coverage and missed the Korean skater. And, Joannie. This morning I thought I'd watch them On Demand on Comcast since they keep advertising that you can watch the Olympics On Demand. Uh, not so much. All they had was Nagasu who I had seen.
    I could have written this exact post! I made it until about 11:00 and it wasn't good enough, then they only had the two American skaters on On Demand the next day (and not in HD)! Argh NBC!

The whole program is up now, but not in HD for no good reason.

I will say that Rachel Platt looks a lot better than the last performance I saw about a year ago. She gets the Most Improved ribbon in my book but I still don't care for her skating.

Oh, another thing. You know the day of the Canada/US hockey game, which should have been shown live, considering we are in the same time zone? Whoever was writing the channel description at Comcast that day gave away the results in the description. The Comcast guide said something like "US vs. Canada, US pulls out an exciting win." WHY? They only did it that one day, but it was on all the NBC channels. They spoiled a women's curling game for me as well.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3839454;
    Russia goes home empty handed in hockey!!

WTG Team Canada! Team Canada beat Russia for the first time in 50 years!!
    In the Olympics. First time in 50 years Canada beat Russia/Soviet Union in Olympic competition. Just want to make that clear . Most of those years were without NHL players on the Canada side, and the best on the Soviet side. Canada did have their share of victories in other Canada/Russia hockey series, however. Who could forget '72?

I agree on the TV coverage. CTV/TSN has(have) been awesome. Best coverage ever. Eg: The figure skating: They show them all. Like last nights short program. Every skater...all 25, or 23, or 20, or however many there are. Everyone. Excellent!

Great day! Gold, 2 silver, bronze.

WTG Canadian women!! All the medals won today were won by women.

And what a great hockey game...they definitely came to play hard tonight, and were flying from the get-go.

Now if the Canadian women can win tomorrow at the US/Canada hockey final...and Joannie win a medal tomorrow night, it will be a wonderful couple of days!

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3839466;

So, what will the Russians be saying tomorrow? I'm guessing they think they got no calls, that the organizers did something to the ice to favor the Canadians, what else?

Congrats to Canada, that's an exciting win for them (and a nice little shove it to the Russians for all of their grousing at the same time)!

As for Rachael Flatt, she's not especially graceful as a skater, and stylistically I don't love her, but 1) she doesn't look like she'll snap in two if she hits the ground, unlike most skaters, which is probably partly why she seems less graceful and 2) she spoke to the reporters awhile after she'd skated and she struck me as very articulate and well-spoken. Admittedly my expectations for athletes are low, but she was a breath of fresh air in that regard.

+ Reply to Thread