+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

Re: The Olympic Games

Bobsledding! I love it! (Reminds me of the movie Cool Runnings! ) I can't say I have a favourite, I enjoy all the sports.

The Nancy Kerrigan's family incident, sounds like we aren't hearing the whole story, very strange, and very sad.

I forgot about Tara Lipinski, I looked her up on Wikipedia, she's keeping busy.

Tara Lipinski - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was looking for Johnny Weir's Reality Show, I came across his wikipedia. He became interested in figure skating when he was 11 yrs old, while watching Oskana Baiul win her 1994 Olympic Gold Medal, defeating Nancy Kerrigan, that brings back memories! Its funny karalott you mentioned both Johnny W and Nancy K in your post above.

I was sad to see that CTV will be covering the Olympics instead of CBC in Canada. The CBC coverage has been so much better than NBC in the past. Here in NW Ohio we get the CBC station out of Windsor on our cable, but no CTV station.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I can't wait for Curling for the Olympics! Too bad half of the televised Curling events are on from midnight to 2 or 3 AM! Maybe we will be able to access video events online somewhere? I don't have a way to record.

Cootie: did you watch the Tournament of Hearts with Team Canada barely beating out PEI??? Wow, that was down to the wire! I was rooting for PEI since they were the underdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;3820214;
    I was sad to see that CTV will be covering the Olympics instead of CBC in Canada. The CBC coverage has been so much better than NBC in the past. Here in NW Ohio we get the CBC station out of Windsor on our cable, but no CTV station.
    They also won the bid for London 2012 Summer Games. They are promising 22hours of air time on the Olympics. Its going to be different. The only good thing is we'll still get to see Brian Williams, he's my favourite. He left CBC and has been chosen by CTV to head the Olympic broadcasting team. CBC is having a very difficult time these last few years.

Also, the CTV station in Ottawa was pretty much destroyed by fire early Sunday morning.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 02-07-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3820356;
    Cootie: did you watch the Tournament of Hearts with Team Canada barely beating out PEI??? Wow, that was down to the wire! I was rooting for PEI since they were the underdogs.
    Nope, sorry to have missed that - where I live they don't show curling on tv as far as I know. I did find a video link online that I can watch. I do love watching it so the Olympics will give me lots of opportunities!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3819970;
    Bobsledding! I love it! (Reminds me of the movie Cool Runnings! ) I can't say I have a favourite, I enjoy all the sports.

The Nancy Kerrigan's family incident, sounds like we aren't hearing the whole story, very strange, and very sad.

I forgot about Tara Lipinski, I looked her up on Wikipedia, she's keeping busy.

Tara Lipinski - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was looking for Johnny Weir's Reality Show, I came across his wikipedia. He became interested in figure skating when he was 11 yrs old, while watching Oskana Baiul win her 1994 Olympic Gold Medal, defeating Nancy Kerrigan, that brings back memories! Its funny karalott you mentioned both Johnny W and Nancy K in your post above.
    Bleh, I had my fill of Tara after hearing about her so much when she won the gold. She had lived in the area that we lived in so they were naturally claiming fame to her, blah blah blah. I guess maybe at that age I loved Michelle Kwan so much that I was sour to Tara for stealing her gold metal, lol.

I just read that the Jamaican bobsled team failed to qualify this year for the Olympics. They also failed to qualify for the 2006 games .

Can't wait for opening ceremony on Friday . I am always excited to see who will light the cauldron. Its my favorite moment!!

I can't wait either. I love the ceremonies of it all. I was against it coming here in 2002 but while it was here my mind changed. It was very cool.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I've always loved the figure skating portion. Nobody in it this year, though, thrills me at all.

Surprising that we never hear about Tara Lipinski anymore. I think she was never one of those skaters that people loved like so many of the others.
    I remember when she won the gold over Michelle. That was pretty tough to take. Not saying she didn't deserve it, just that she was not very well liked at all.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm very excited as well! The torch ran through our town a week and a half ago, in fact ran just a block from my house. One of the former students of the elementary school I work at was a torch bearer, so when she came back to the school to show the kids I got to hold it. I'm really glad it's in my time zone this time around too... makes watching so much easier!!

I'm sad CBC isn't the national broadcaster...just doesn't seem right. Don't most people get the CBC?? I thought that was the mandate for the channel?

+ Reply to Thread