+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 112 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

Re: The Olympic Games

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3832469;
    Has anyone checked out USA during the day? I think they're doing a block of coverage in the afternoons that shows different events than NBC is covering.
    I'm not sure which channel (possibly USA) but my coworkers said they've seen a lot of curling during the day--they're ready for more variety, I think. I only get the gist of the sport, but I find it endlessly entertaining. I caught a bit of the Norway-Canada match the other day-- I love the Norwegians' uniforms, too.

Wow, did they ever make Brodeur earn his $$$$$....thank you Sidney Crosby!

Congrats Swiss, congrats Hiller, whoever you are, great game against the best goalie in the NHL.

Canada, thanks for the ulcer!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3832819;

Canada, thanks for the ulcer!

I agree, the Swiss and that goalie were amazing.

"No medal is more important than the gold in hockey for Canada? Bob Costas."

This is why I can't stand NBC.

Any medal, gold silver or bronze is the most important medal for the athelete and the country they represent IMO.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3832807;
    Okay, does that Visa commercial with Dan Jansen make anyone else cry....every time?

Thanks for the article link. Mar. That was a terrific interview!
    Me Some of those commercial's they've shown of past Olympics, including the Coca-Cola commercial showing Olympics, the Special Olympics, and Paralymics, gets to me, too.

Congrats to Torah Bright for taking gold in the women's half pipe! And congrats to Kelly Clark for returning to the podieum after missing it in 2006. Women seemed to be all over the place in terms of hitting the deck and overlooking their runs. I think China could be a serious threat in this event in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3832837;

Any medal, gold silver or bronze is the most important medal for the athelete and the country they represent IMO.
    Well, he's not wrong. We've been hearing the same thing from the Canadian media for years about the men's hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3832837;

First of all, PHEW!
    Secondly, what BC said (if in fact that is what he said) doesn't make sense.
    I would say a gold medal is far more important than no medal. If no medal was the most important thing, then why even bother competing? I think what he meant to say is "No medal is more important than silver or bronze." But I would take silver or bronze over 6th place (Turino) any day.

Cheers.

I really enjoyed the women's (and the men's last night) snowboarding half pipe. Such amazing graceful athleticism! And a big plus--they dont wear skin tight outfits!!

I would take any medal for any sport for any country. I don't watch just for my country, I watch for everyone. I'm happy for each and every medal winner and those who don't win.

BC said, no medal is more important than the gold medal in canadian hockey for a game that they invented.

I have been following hockey various other sports and the Olympics for years. I have never heard any commentator say that there is no medal more important to a country other than gold in one particular sport. That's like saying, thanks athletes of other sports but you really didn't need to be here because all your country really cares about is the gold for hockey. I don't like BC speaking for me.

+ Reply to Thread