+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 112 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

Re: The Olympic Games

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3831500;
    Lindsay's in first place! I don't know the other skiers who still haven't raced. Anyone know who her biggest competitors are?

Babymay - I'm on the official site and it's updating almost in real time (or at least it seems that way!). If you go to the page that has the actual race on it, you can see the results as they happen. I was "watching" the figure skating that way last night.
    Thanks Parson and Riesch are the only competition left. Strike Parson: here is a clip from the NBC live blog http://www.nbcolympics.com/alpine-sk...000/blog.html:

She's just :37 seconds behind, and coming down into the final turns and a terrifying out of balance air and Paerson has exploded, with a defeated slither down across the finish line. Over 150 feet in the air, it's scary to see these girls go down at such speeds and Vonn looks very concerned watching on from the finish zone as course workers race out to attend to Paerson.
    Would love Alice McKennis to make the podium with her teamates. Stacy should make top 10. What a day for team USA!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I think Maria Riesch who I believe is Lindsay's best friend and who is coming up next is her biggest competitor.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3831509;
    I think Maria Riesch who I believe is Lindsay's best friend and who is coming up next is her biggest competitor.
    Not today! this is killing me...

New word of the day "Vonntastic"...guess it was chanted in finish area

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3831514;
    Not today!
    Too true.

Thanks, guys! Lindsay is still in first! Paerson didn't finish and Riesch is in 8th!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I take it that the course must be getting rough. It seems like there are a lot of DNFs all of the sudden. If the results stay the same, I'm pretty sure we could all write NBC's evening script for them.

Oh, and I'm going to have to watch (not that NBC will show it) to see how the first skier actually finished 25.08 seconds behind Vonn.
    Last edited by Mariner; 02-17-2010 at 03:26 PM.

Only in Colorado-
    my boss just walked in my office and asked what I was up to.

my response- reading the results of the womens downhill- lindsey is 1st- Julia 2nd

bosses response- cool- keep me updated

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3830596;
    Canada won a squeaker against Norway in the first men's curling game. What a nail biter! The Norwegians came back from a 5-1 deficit to pull it back and force an extra end. And their pants are a thing of wonder I think they deserve a gold medal for the pants alone (I kid )
    Oh, wait-- are they the ones wearing the argyle pants?? I saw them in the lane next to the Americans/Germans yesterday.

Who knew curling could be so interesting to watch-- my kids were home from school and spent over 2 hrs, watching it. They were so enthralled, getting excited when the stone was in the 'button' and everything. I always assumed it was boring...who knew!?!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3831522;
    Oh, and I'm going to have to watch (not that NBC will show it) to see how the first skier actually finished 25.08 seconds behind Vonn.
    There's no time for her for the 3rd section of the course. Weird Anyone know what happened?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3831532;
    There's no time for her for the 3rd section of the course. Weird Anyone know what happened?
    From the live blog:
    Out she comes, pumping out the starting gate,and you can see there are some bumps that are working the legs. She's riding a nice clean line and staying well on her feet, getting air and into the tunnel with another sensational air. The course is very turny, there's no downtime on this course at all. Down into Daytona and she's done. The G-forces coming into that big right turn Frog Bank pushed her in the back seat. Her skis have stayed on and she's back up, but that's race over for the Czech, after a really sweet start.

I feel bad for the girls towards the end. With the weather they have experienced, the course should be pretty rutted and death cookies everywhere.
    Last edited by babymay; 02-17-2010 at 03:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread