+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 112 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: The Olympic Games

Does anyone know if/when the Men's Downhill will be shown in the US since it was postponed Sat? I've checked but don't see it added to the American channels (maybe I'm not checking in the right place?) For our Candian friends, are they showing it on your channels??
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3828966;
    Does anyone know if/when the Men's Downhill will be shown in the US since it was postponed Sat? I've checked but don't see it added to the American channels (maybe I'm not checking in the right place?) For our Candian friends, are they showing it on your channels??
    I'm Canadian, watching Men's Downhill right now on CTV.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3828980;
    I'm Canadian, watching Men's Downhill right now on CTV.
    I wish they'd show it live here. This bums the heck out of me. I just saw that they're going to show it tonight...gotta see my boy Bode race!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3828988;
    I wish they'd show it live here. This bums the heck out of me. I just saw that they're going to show it tonight...gotta see my boy Bode race!
    Do you want a spoiler on how he is doing, or no?

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3828996;
    Do you want a spoiler on how he is doing, or no?
    Thanks for the offer but I used one of the links posted above and have been refreshing it for updates. Can you do me a favor, though, and PM me when it's over to let me know, just in case the update is off. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3829004;
    Thanks for the offer but I used one of the links posted above and have been refreshing it for updates. Can you do me a favor, though, and PM me when it's over to let me know, just in case the update is off. Thanks!
    Sure, np.

FORT Fogey

That moguls win for Alexandre was so moving! I was completely in tears in when he hugged his brother! It looks like this is such a great family.

Can't wait for pairs LP tonight. Shen/Zhao were phenomenal in their SP, and I would've had them 10 points ahead of everyone. They skate last this evening, so I'm going to be nervous all night for them! Oh and Evora/Ladwig were just adorable! They seem to be fully enoying their olympic experience

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3829004;
    I have been keeping up with the results on the official Vancouver 2010 site. Keeping fingers crossed!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Gosh, I was so dumb to have entered this thread before the Men's Moguls competition was aired over here. I keep accidentally spoiling myself. I bet there would have been some great excitement watching it in action and seeing Alex Bilodeau win the first gold medal for Canada on Canadian land. Now we don't have to hear all that much about the country's disappointment from here on out. But I did get some excitement at the very end, since I wanted Bryon Wilson to medal. I was scared that the French skiier (sorry, I'm usually good with names, but with the Olympics it's just too much to remember!) would take his place... but then he ended up placing 6th! Now that was great to see.

Question to the Canadians: How much did the media hype up Jenn Heil? I got the impression that she was the equivalent to our Lindsay Vonn, who is getting hyped up like there's no tomorrow.

As for the pair skating, I loved watching Shen/Zhao and I definitely want them to win. I would root for the Americans, but 1) I don't think they're a threat for medals, and 2) I'm a sucker for a storyline about an older athlete claiming that this will be the last time for the gold. Every single time it gets to me. Like Shannon Bahrke, how she just wanted to get on that podium for one last time. I was so happy for her! And Michelle Kwan... it still saddens me that she just couldn't pull it off.

Anyway, Shen/Zhao were beautiful to watch. I also liked the German team. The competition is really close, so I'm anxious to see how it'll turn out.

ETA: 5100th post!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3828655;
    Canada won it's first gold medal on home ground in Men's moguls, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy: Alexandre Bilodeau. His brother has cerebral palsy and is his inspiration. I gotta admit I teared up a bit when I saw how excited he and the rest of the family was.
    I teared up A LOT and I'm an American. It was a great Olympic moment.

+ Reply to Thread