+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 112 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: The Olympic Games

Congrats to Canadians on winning the men's moguls!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Okay, I give. I don't like him either, but I don't think he deserves so much air time.

Well, I hope this opens the floodgates for other medals. The moguls was exciting to watch. First time for me to view the Olympics in HD, and it is awesome. I can't believe the slow motion camera work. It looks like you could reach through the screen and touch them.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3828681;
    Okay, I give. I don't like him either, but I don't think he deserves so much air time.
    For real. Me either. It'd be best if we just ignored his smug behind, but you know how the media gets with their good vs. evil stuff.

Jessica Dube and Bryce Davison are next in the pairs skating. They are the couple I mentioned up thread, where she had her face slashed last year or so.

ETA
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 02-14-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Yeah, there's some pretty shady stuff in the Aussie (/NOT CDN)'s history with regards to spyware, malware, etc. I agree that the vilification was a little over the top, but man, this guy just won a silver medal and he looked like he wanted to murder someone. Not much sportsmanship there. But I was happy for Bryan Wilson, coming in 3rd. His smile said it all.

Re: The 18-0 Canada/Slovakia women's hockey game....if I'm not mistaken, number of goals can come into play in the event of a tie in the final standings, prior to the medal round. Given that, they really don't have a choice. But I agree, it should be looked at and changed somehow.

Further to this, it's the Slovakian womens hockey team's first Olympics and media reports say that they just recently (relatively) began competitive competition. So, just being there is a huge deal for them. Baby steps.

For Canadians who hate His Royal Dorkness, Brian Williams.....I figured out a way to avoid this Gomer altogether. Simply don't watch the CTV parent network. Just watch Sportsnet and TSN.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3828614;
    I'm watching the Olympics right now, and I've been enjoying every single event so far--except the Luge. Nodar's death aside, I don't find it that interesting to watch, partly because I don't really have anyone to root for.

Anyway, it was awesome seeing Johnny Spillane win the first medal for the US in the Nordic combined. I already knew he would, since I accidentally landed upon a story covering the breakthrough. It angered me a bit, but whatever, I still enjoyed the race.
    I missed this! Congrats to Johnny Spillane and the U.S! !!

For Canadians who hate His Royal Dorkness, Brian Williams.....I figured out a way to avoid this Gomer altogether. Simply don't watch the CTV parent network.
    I like Brian Williams, I've been watching him forever and not just on the Olympics. I much prefer him to some of the others. He never shows favouritism and is fair to everyone. IMO

I like Brian Williams too. He's like an institution when it comes to reporting the Olympics for Canada. I do miss Ron McLean though.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3828825;
    I like Brian Williams too. He's like an institution when it comes to reporting the Olympics for Canada. I do miss Ron McLean though.
    Me too!!

I love Brian Williams. He's a Canadian institution, and yeah I miss Ron McClean too Yes, it's too bad it had to be 18-0 but the goals can come into play. The Canadian crowd gave the Slovakian girls a standing ovation and apparently they were touched. I give them a lot of credit for lasting that barrage.

+ Reply to Thread