+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 112 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

Re: The Olympic Games

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3827861;
    I've had the Olympics on all day! Its too bad the skiing is postponed. I thought women's hockey was going to be on? I'm confused with the scheduling. Where is everyone getting their schedules from?
    Yup, women's hockey was on. Sweden beat Switzerland 3-0. It was on TSN.
    The CTV family includes TSN, Sportsnet, APTN, OLN, OMNI, and MuchMusic. I'm probably missing a few (like Home & Garden), but anyway...all those channels listed above are carrying coverage. Sometimes they're showing the same thing, sometimes something different. This has to be the most comprehensive coverage of any Olympics ever. And we all used to think CBC was good. I'm using TV Week magazine to figure it out. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3827730;
    THanks. I thought that was lip synching - None of the others seemed so much like lip synching, as their duo did. Were the others lip synched, too? Sure didn't seem that way with kd. She was terrific, as always.
    kd was definitely NOT synched. You can't sing a song like that, the way she did, with synchs. I don't think Sarah M was synched. O Canada wasn't , but the fiddles etc., had to be.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Anyone watch the short track with Apolo? Who knew that could be such a nail biter I guess it was meant to be for him, but too bad for the two Koreans. They were both going to place, had the one not tried to pass the other, it would have been a sweep for their country. Also just got done watching the women's mogul. Another nail biter. I give these athletes all the credit in the world. I have such a low tolerance for pain, I could never imagine enduring and having to compete with some of the injuries these guys get. I'm also confused with the scheduling but trying to keep track. Mainly I want to catch more of the ski and snowboarding events, and some of the skating. Personally, I'm not crazy how NBC packages the Olympics.

I wonder what's worse, winter or summer events, for the injury count?

The way Apolo passes is amazing. I have only seen the qualifying heats here in the west where the tv networks think we need to see events on delay but I loved seeing him come from the back in his heat and smoke the rest.

The women's moguls look great too.

Do any of you know how I could find the events online live? East coast feed or something? PM me if you have some info. This prime time stuff drives me crazy especially since I can see the results online.

Most of my beloved curling events will show when I am at work or from midnight to 3 AM on MSNBC ...yikes.

FORT Fogey

I cannot say enough about what a fan of Apolo's I am. He even in the Olympics takes time to answer his supporters and update everyday on Facebook. He truly is an amazing person, and congrats to him.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I loved when he said he gets more recognized for doing DWTS than for his actual sporting/Olympic achievements. Emmitt Smith said the same thing happened to him

A couple of the commentators had said after Apolo's popularity skyrocketed they weren't sure if he planned on going Hollywood or not, but he decided to return for one more try where it all started for him. Going Hollywood or not, I still think he's one of the most down to earth people and athletes there are, and unlike others who may get big egos and attitude from their newfound fame, I don't think he'll ever lose that charm and mellow personality about him. Apolo doesn't seem to be one of those who forgets where he came from, who got him here, or what he's gone through in his career. It was a great start to the Olympics.

Cootie, I've read a variety of articles (mostly negative on NBC for their decision to tape delay the events for the West Coast and restrict their live video coverage). I do think I read that curling and hockey would be some of the events shown online on the official website live.

My comments are a bit late, but here it goes.

I absolutely love the Olympics! So excited for the events to come. Being fairly close to the location of this year's Olympics, it would have been cool to have gone to Vancouver to see the sports firsthand--my friend with his family, and I'm so jealous. But seeing everything on TV is fine with me.

I loved NBC's footage of the relationship between Canada and USA. I visited the Niagra Falls and Toronto two years ago, and I loved it. I honestly don't know why some people have a not-so-great opinion of Canada. I really liked some parts of the Opening Ceremony, others I didn't care for. And of course the gaffe heard around the world. It's unfortunate, but the games must go on!

Too bad for the Koreans going down, but hooray for the Americans! I love rooting hard for Team USA, so it was great to see Apolo Anton Ohno get the silver and JR Celski get the bronze. I expect JR to become a huge name in future Olympics.

I loved watching the Women's Moguls final. Seeing how tense it was, with many of them losing control of their skis, was exciting to watch. Loved seeing Hannah Kearny take it. But my favorite was Shannon Bahrke. I absolutely love her. She has a great attitude. Seeing her comfort her teammates AND her competitors from other countries was so refreshing. I was so happy to see that she medaled. Oh, and Jonny Moseley was a great commentator. To all those MTV fans: I miss him on the RW/RR Challenges.

I have high hopes for Lindsay Vonn, although the shin injury does worry me a bit. But with all the media coverage surrounding her, I expect her to pull through (~knock on wood~).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Oh Ohno! Nail biter indeed! Apolo is an amazing athelete and dancer! Speed skating has taken on a whole new meaning for me watching him and how he starts in the back moving his way forward . . . not quite the finish he wanted but he got the Silver which now gives him 6 medals. The Bronze winner J.R. Celski has his own amazing story being severely injured in a skating accident only 6 months ago yet coming in 3rd place for the Bronze!

Apolo has 3 more events to compete in, I am looking forward to it!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Love Apolo and was biting my nails along with everyone else. I was wondering about his father and was so happy when they showed him. I love the relationship they have. Celski has quite the story so I was happy to see him place. He had a heck of a comeback during the second run. At one point, during the final, I was very afraid he was going to take Apolo out, just like the Koreans did...

Anyway, we're rewatching the women's moguls with the kids right now. Anyone else think ouch! every time they go over those bumps. All I can think about are my bad knees and lower back when I watch them.

Cootie, I hear you about seeing results--I ended up changing my homepage yesterday so I won't.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3827871;
    Yup, women's hockey was on. Sweden beat Switzerland 3-0. It was on TSN.
    The CTV family includes TSN, Sportsnet, APTN, OLN, OMNI, and MuchMusic. I'm probably missing a few (like Home & Garden), but anyway...all those channels listed above are carrying coverage. Sometimes they're showing the same thing, sometimes something different. This has to be the most comprehensive coverage of any Olympics ever. And we all used to think CBC was good. I'm using TV Week magazine to figure it out. Hope this helps.
    I was looking for Canada vs Slovakia, TSN started coverage of Women's Hockey after the game was over. I was watching speed skating on TSN while the hockey was on and searched for it constantly. After speed skating they announced the final score of the hockey game, and started showing the repeat. What I'm missing this time around, is while watching coverage of one sport, they used to show what was going on somewhere else. For eg. they would have shown the last minute or so of that women's hockey game while covering speed skating.

Regardless, so much coverage, which is fabulous!!

Thanks all for the links to the schedules!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 02-14-2010 at 11:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread