+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1060100101102103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1117
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

  1. #1091
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,087

    Re: The Olympic Games

    is it too late or do they have it recorded so others can watch it later?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  2. #1092
    FORT Fogey TripleGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    2,116

    Re: The Olympic Games

    I watched the closing ceremony online...it was great. (Well, except for the hundreds of Coke commercials interspersed at the beginning, but they finally stopped.) I didn't know NBC had cut the closing ceremonies broadcast short until earlier today when I read about it on TV Guide. I know that one of the commentators was Australian, but I don't know if the other one was. But they knew who everyone was ;-)

    BTW, the Paralympics start August 29, and paralympic.org will be showing all the events online. To everyone. (No channels in the U.S. will be broadcasting these games.)

  3. #1093
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,087

    Re: The Olympic Games

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I watched the closing ceremony online...it was great. (Well, except for the hundreds of Coke commercials interspersed at the beginning, but they finally stopped.) I didn't know NBC had cut the closing ceremonies broadcast short until earlier today when I read about it on TV Guide. I know that one of the commentators was Australian, but I don't know if the other one was. But they knew who everyone was ;-)

    BTW, the Paralympics start August 29, and paralympic.org will be showing all the events online. To everyone. (No channels in the U.S. will be broadcasting these games.)
    Yet that's right US TV networks discriminate against non beautiful people.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  4. #1094
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,850

    Re: The Olympic Games

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Yet that's right US TV networks discriminate against non beautiful people.
    Terribly said, really.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  5. #1095
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    16,894

    Re: The Olympic Games

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Yet that's right US TV networks discriminate against non beautiful people.
    I don't know, I think Oscar Pistorius is pretty damned beautiful! I get what you're saying though. I hope that people like OP will create more interested in the Paralympics and maybe next time, they will be covered on American TV>
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  6. #1096
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,835

    Re: The Olympic Games

    With all the channels NBC has--and for that matter, all the other sports stations out there--it's ridiculous that none of them can provide even partial coverage of the paralympics. Haven't any of them seen Murderball? I don't know anyone who's seen it who felt that the young men in the documentary were somehow pitiful or so imperfect they were hard to watch. Some of them were more likable than others, but only in the same way that all athletes are like that. Or all people, for that matter.

  7. #1097
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,087

    Re: The Olympic Games

    Seriously with all the interest in the Olympics and knowing that the ParaOlympics are held right after at the same venues I have always wondered why there had never been any broadcasts. I would think that at least the events Oscar Pistorius is in would be telecast. With all the Wounded Warriors that are probably participating one would think someone somewhere would film some of it and at least post it on YouTube.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  8. #1098
    FORT Fogey TripleGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    2,116

    Re: The Olympic Games

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Seriously with all the interest in the Olympics and knowing that the ParaOlympics are held right after at the same venues I have always wondered why there had never been any broadcasts. I would think that at least the events Oscar Pistorius is in would be telecast. With all the Wounded Warriors that are probably participating one would think someone somewhere would film some of it and at least post it on YouTube.
    If I hear of any other links, I'll let you know.

    If you're on Twitter, follow @USParalympics. They tweeted a series of interviews yesterday with some of the athletes going to London, and they'll probably post any links to recordings. (If you're not on Twitter, you can still read the tweets at U.S. Paralympics (USParalympics) on Twitter.)

  9. #1099
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,483

    Re: The Olympic Games

    they could at least show part of it.

  10. #1100
    CCL
    CCL is offline
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    8,635

    Re: The Olympic Games

    I've never seen the Paralympics aired on tv. I did a quick search and I don't see it being shown on any Canadian networks.
    This article says that NBC will show a couple of hours' worth of highlights: MediaShift . Channel 4 Gives Blanket Coverage to Paralympics, While NBC Falls Short | PBS
    Last edited by CCL; 08-15-2012 at 06:40 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.