+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1060100101102103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1117
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

Re: The Olympic Games

is it too late or do they have it recorded so others can watch it later?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I watched the closing ceremony online...it was great. (Well, except for the hundreds of Coke commercials interspersed at the beginning, but they finally stopped.) I didn't know NBC had cut the closing ceremonies broadcast short until earlier today when I read about it on TV Guide. I know that one of the commentators was Australian, but I don't know if the other one was. But they knew who everyone was ;-)

BTW, the Paralympics start August 29, and paralympic.org will be showing all the events online. To everyone. (No channels in the U.S. will be broadcasting these games.)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I watched the closing ceremony online...it was great. (Well, except for the hundreds of Coke commercials interspersed at the beginning, but they finally stopped.) I didn't know NBC had cut the closing ceremonies broadcast short until earlier today when I read about it on TV Guide. I know that one of the commentators was Australian, but I don't know if the other one was. But they knew who everyone was ;-)

BTW, the Paralympics start August 29, and paralympic.org will be showing all the events online. To everyone. (No channels in the U.S. will be broadcasting these games.)
    Yet that's right US TV networks discriminate against non beautiful people.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Terribly said, really.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I don't know, I think Oscar Pistorius is pretty damned beautiful! I get what you're saying though. I hope that people like OP will create more interested in the Paralympics and maybe next time, they will be covered on American TV>
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

With all the channels NBC has--and for that matter, all the other sports stations out there--it's ridiculous that none of them can provide even partial coverage of the paralympics. Haven't any of them seen Murderball? I don't know anyone who's seen it who felt that the young men in the documentary were somehow pitiful or so imperfect they were hard to watch. Some of them were more likable than others, but only in the same way that all athletes are like that. Or all people, for that matter.

Seriously with all the interest in the Olympics and knowing that the ParaOlympics are held right after at the same venues I have always wondered why there had never been any broadcasts. I would think that at least the events Oscar Pistorius is in would be telecast. With all the Wounded Warriors that are probably participating one would think someone somewhere would film some of it and at least post it on YouTube.

Seriously with all the interest in the Olympics and knowing that the ParaOlympics are held right after at the same venues I have always wondered why there had never been any broadcasts. I would think that at least the events Oscar Pistorius is in would be telecast. With all the Wounded Warriors that are probably participating one would think someone somewhere would film some of it and at least post it on YouTube.
    If I hear of any other links, I'll let you know.

If you're on Twitter, follow @USParalympics. They tweeted a series of interviews yesterday with some of the athletes going to London, and they'll probably post any links to recordings. (If you're not on Twitter, you can still read the tweets at U.S. Paralympics (USParalympics) on Twitter.)

FORT Fogey

they could at least show part of it.

CCL

I've never seen the Paralympics aired on tv. I did a quick search and I don't see it being shown on any Canadian networks.
    This article says that NBC will show a couple of hours' worth of highlights: MediaShift . Channel 4 Gives Blanket Coverage to Paralympics, While NBC Falls Short | PBS
    Last edited by CCL; 08-15-2012 at 06:40 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread