+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 8589899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1117
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

Re: The Olympic Games

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    As am I...lol. Finding it hard to re-orient myself back into regular television shows.
    Because most of regular shows are cr@p.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Did anyone see any coverage of the marathon? I think it happened live yesterday morning. I didn't think to turn it on because I figured they would show highlights later in the day. But I saw no coverage. It is always a huge part of the Olympics seeing the marathoners entering the stadium and running the track to the finish line to the cheers of the crowd. The event is like a ceremonial end to the games, so I was very disappointed they didn't show any highlights.
    I watched the women's marathon last Sunday which was covered from 8am to 10:30am and expected the same yesterday for the men's. Imagine my surprise when I turned on the TV at 8:30am just to watch the racers cross the finish line. Huh? That sucked. Yeah, I know the men run faster then the women and can finish in the 2 hour 10 minute area but they had to have started televising at 6 in the morning on a Sunday?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    As I had said, I was pretty happy with Bravo's coverage of the tennis. I wish I could have seen CTV's coverage of the Olympics. I feel more ripped off Olympics after Olympics. I seem to remember seeing so much more years ago.
    They seem to show a lot of re-airing of Olympic events instead of showing them live, from what I've heard. Um...not acceptable NBC. People want to see the events happening in real time, not after the fact.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Because most of regular shows are cr@p.
    Until September when all of my favourite return!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I wish I had known that NBC had aired the closing ceremonies earlier in the day I would have watched then while I cleaned house but no I waited until the evening.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I watched the women's marathon last Sunday which was covered from 8am to 10:30am and expected the same yesterday for the men's. Imagine my surprise when I turned on the TV at 8:30am just to watch the racers cross the finish line. Huh? That sucked. Yeah, I know the men run faster then the women and can finish in the 2 hour 10 minute area but they had to have started televising at 6 in the morning on a Sunday?
    They're 5 hours ahead of the east coast there, so the marathon started at, I think 11AM in London. I was up watching the men's marathon live around 3AM. They did air it again in the afternoon.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

ABC has always been better at covering sports than NBC will ever be, especially when Roone Arledge was in charge. I never missed an episode of Wide Worth of Sports and wish they'd get the chance to cover the Olympics again.

Since I don't watch Olympic tennis or basketball because I don't like the change that allowed professional athletes to complete, I remember the "Miracle On Ice," and we'll never see the likes of that again.

Thank goodness for DVR, though, because I do love my summer cable shows like Burn Notice, White Collar, Pysch, Royal Pains, Common Law, Suits, Breaking Bad, Longmire, Covert Affairs, Franklin and Bash, etc. I know there's not much discussion here on those shows, except for Breaking Bad, but all of them are my summer staples.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Until September when all of my favourite return!
    yup .That isn't far away & Costco has Halloween stuff out already !
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

As am I...lol. Finding it hard to re-orient myself back into regular television shows.
    Masterchef is back!!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    yup .That isn't far away & Costco has Halloween stuff out already !
    Oh good Lord!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread