+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 112 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1117
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

Re: The Olympic Games

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Did anyone see any coverage of the marathon? I think it happened live yesterday morning. I didn't think to turn it on because I figured they would show highlights later in the day. But I saw no coverage. It is always a huge part of the Olympics seeing the marathoners entering the stadium and running the track to the finish line to the cheers of the crowd. The event is like a ceremonial end to the games, so I was very disappointed they didn't show any highlights.
    They showed it twice yesterday. First live early in the morning and then again later in the afternoon

My NBC affiliate didn't ever show the end of the opening ceremonies. I waited for it - I even watched that horrid Animal Hospital (I say that and I like Justin Kirk!). I stayed up to watch the repeat of it, hoping to see The Who and the dancers from the Royal Ballet, thinking I was just not paying attention when I watched earlier. They never showed them - they just cut and went to an infomercial. Not cool.

As much as I love Tom Brokaw, the time to air his special about WWII was not on the last night of the Olympics. That should have been during a daytime broadcast or another evening. SO many people were tweeting about, including Mia Farrow, who said something about turning on NBC and not seeing Olympics at 8:15PM. If they had aired that special at another time, there would have been enough time to show the entire closing ceremony.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Looks like I wasn't alone. And I thought they said Kate Bush would be there! They cut her!! Grrr!

NBC halts Olympics for promotional monkeyshines - Yahoo! News
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Looks like I wasn't alone. And I thought they said Kate Bush would be there! They cut her!! Grrr!

NBC halts Olympics for promotional monkeyshines - Yahoo! News
    Well that's just stupid.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well that's just stupid.
    they also cut Muse who actually did the official London Olympics song! I have to say I am not surprised, their coverage of the games was pretty poor to begin with. I watched mostly tennis on Bravo, but when I did watch NBC it seemed I also found beach volleyball on. Or they would only show the American athlete in an event and MAYBE one from another country. BAD!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Thank God I watch the Olympic coverage on CTV here in Canada. The entire two weeks was devoted to nothing but the Olympics. Nothing more and nothing less. All Olympics, all the time, and I loved every single minute of it. I don't get why NBC is so hell-bent on broadcasting the Olympics if they're going to do such a consistently abysmal job of it. People have been complaining for years about how dissatisfied they are with NBC's coverage.
    football_chick likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

If Wikipedia is to be believed, it looks like NBC will be bringing us coverage (or not) from Sochi for the winter Olympics, from Rio in 2016 and from South Korea in 2018.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Thank God I watch the Olympic coverage on CTV here in Canada. The entire two weeks was devoted to nothing but the Olympics. Nothing more and nothing less. All Olympics, all the time, and I loved every single minute of it. I don't get why NBC is so hell-bent on broadcasting the Olympics if they're going to do such a consistently abysmal job of it. People have been complaining for years about how dissatisfied they are with NBC's coverage.
    As I had said, I was pretty happy with Bravo's coverage of the tennis. I wish I could have seen CTV's coverage of the Olympics. I feel more ripped off Olympics after Olympics. I seem to remember seeing so much more years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    If Wikipedia is to be believed, it looks like NBC will be bringing us coverage (or not) from Sochi for the winter Olympics, from Rio in 2016 and from South Korea in 2018.
    Heaven help us!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    That's where I watched it. A couple of things I saw on TSN.I think I am going through withdrawal
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That's where I watched it. A couple of things I saw on TSN.I think I am going through withdrawal
    As am I...lol. Finding it hard to re-orient myself back into regular television shows.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread