+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 112 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1117
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: The Olympic Games

Re: The Olympic Games

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I watched the live stream and am watching it again now! I loved seeing Queen, Take That, Annie Lennox. Monty Python, George Michael and the Spice Girls! To be frank there wasn't much I didn't like.
    I loved it all .From start to finish. I loved seeing the athletes , grinning from ear to ear.

Eric Idle is MY idol

Well done UK.Thanks for the memories, all of them .

bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Eric Idol was fantastic! And I got a kick out of seeing Prince Harry singing along! I really enjoyed to closing ceremonies but why did NBC cut away before The Who came on to show their new animal hospital show? They said they would come back in an hour, why not just show the WHOLE thing? I was angry as I love The Who.
    jucamer likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Eric Idol was fantastic! And I got a kick out of seeing Prince Harry singing along! I really enjoyed to closing ceremonies but why did NBC cut away before The Who came on to show their new animal hospital show? They said they would come back in an hour, why not just show the WHOLE thing? I was angry as I love The Who.
    Harry is my Fave, and I did see him singing along. Did they say why they cut away?
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Harry is my Fave, and I did see him singing along. Did they say why they cut away?
    They said they would be back with the ending with The Who after the news and NBC's animal show.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

All that video clip of Freddie Mercury and Brian May on stage playing that incredible guitar solo did was make me miss Freddie, and Queen and long for the music of yesteryear, i.e., '70's '80's. Damn Freddie was awesomely talented, as well as the band itself.

Good closing ceremony over all.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Did anyone see any coverage of the marathon? I think it happened live yesterday morning. I didn't think to turn it on because I figured they would show highlights later in the day. But I saw no coverage. It is always a huge part of the Olympics seeing the marathoners entering the stadium and running the track to the finish line to the cheers of the crowd. The event is like a ceremonial end to the games, so I was very disappointed they didn't show any highlights.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Lame, right? They wanted to hold onto their captive audience to shove their new show down our throats.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

FORT Fogey

If they had skipped the first hour of programming, they could have fit it all in. I got bored with all the recap of the games they played right at 7, instead of going straight into the closing ceremonies. We've been watching for 2 weeks now - we know what happened!
    libgirl2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Lame, right? They wanted to hold onto their captive audience to shove their new show down our throats.
    Well I turned it off and went to bed, so it didn't work with me! As much as I wanted to see The Who, I was tired and angry!
    mushybrain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    All that video clip of Freddie Mercury and Brian May on stage playing that incredible guitar solo did was make me miss Freddie, and Queen and long for the music of yesteryear, i.e., '70's '80's. Damn Freddie was awesomely talented, as well as the band itself.

Good closing ceremony over all.
    Freddie was very talented I also miss them . However their music lives on, and it will a lot longer than some of the bopper stuff out now.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread