+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2009 - 2010

Re: Hockey 2009 - 2010

On to round 2!!!! I'm going to need some nitroglycerin!!! Can they be more dramatic with 2 minutes left in the game!!! Geesh!!!
    Never has the Number 8 seed, beat out the Number 1 seed, down 3 games to 1! What a comeback!

sweet, I don't get what's up with the CBC either. I just checked their site, looks like they are covering Montreal/Pittsburgh on Friday with Bob Cole, and Van/Chi on Saturday with Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson and for the rest of the week!

Here's the link!

NHL Playoffs Schedule - CBC Sports

TSN isn't my favourite and often times I'll watch it on the French station, even though I understand maybe 10 words! I love Bob Cole, Ron McLean and of course Don Cherry!

The Canucks are hated?? That's a big surprise to me as well. I'm sure they are not the majority of fans! Saturday does seem like a long time, I would have thought it would have been the Canucks on Friday and Montreal on Saturday.

Detroit and San Jose are up next, first round, tonight on TSN.

I'm going to be in Florida May 8th to the 15th. Can someone out there tell me what is the best station to watch the hockey playoffs in SouthWest Florida?

I would have thought Canucks Fri and Montreal Sat as well, GA. Doesn't give Montreal much of a rest, does it? However, that might be a good thing as they will still be running on adrenaline. Just hope they have enough gas in the tank to take them by the Penguins.

I love CBC as well. I grew up with the (old) HNIC theme song playing at out house every single Saturday night. Remember Peter Puck!? My sister and I would be mad, because there was only one tv in the house in those days, and so Sat nights were spent watching hockey with our Dad or finding something else to do...guess that was a good thing!

I still remember watching a Canucks game in Mexico, while on holiday many years ago. I'm sure you will find the games. Have a great trip!!

The HNIC theme is on TSN, but CBC does a much better job in the begining of a game as far as the intro. I was devastated when CBC lost the rights to the theme song. My whole childhood flashed before my eyes!

Bring on Sid the Kid, we love you, just not right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3889565;
    The HNIC theme is on TSN, but CBC does a much better job in the begining of a game as far as the intro. I was devastated when CBC lost the rights to the theme song. My whole childhood flashed before my eyes!

Bring on Sid the Kid, we love you, just not right now.

"The kid" will be ready tomorrow... and under any other situation, I would be saying "Go Montreal!"

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3889584;
    "The kid" will be ready tomorrow... and under any other situation, I would be saying "Go Montreal!"
    GO PENS!

(But thanks Montreal for getting rid of the Capitals!)
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Normally I'd have cheered for the Caps because I love Ovechkin and would want him to stay in the playoffs as long as possible.
    I couldn't not cheer for the Habs last night though.
    I'm not going to outwardly cheer for them from now on though (even though I'd secretly love to see them win it all) because I'm just too much of a jinx. Phoenix and Nashville can confirm that
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3889886;
    I couldn't not cheer for the Habs last night though.
    Absolutely a Cinderella story. I think that comeback captivated a huge number of people!!

Look at San Jose!! Wowie! I didn't watch the whole game, just the first 5 minutes. I pretty much saw all their goals in those 5 minutes!

fluff: I know exactly what you mean!!

fan*addict: I really do love Sidney, he has amazing skills, and its just awesome to watch him stick handle that puck. His accomplishements at 23 yrs old are just fantastic.

I'm pretty happy with all the teams remaining, even though some of them wouldn't have been my choice.
    I'm still fairly new to hockey watching so rivalries don't stir me much, I'll like or dislike a team based entirely on who plays for them or coaches them.
    I have a lot of respect for Jaques Martin, so I'll always be pleased if a side he coaches does well...unless that side includes Bertuzzi.
    I wouldn't want Philly to win the cup, but I'd take them over Detroit.
    My only real goal is to see Detroit knocked out. After that I'll breathe a sigh of relief, sit back and enjoy as many games as I can.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Wow. 4-0 halfway through the game!! Luongo is on fire tonight, and the boys are playing well!!

+ Reply to Thread