+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2009 - 2010

Re: Hockey 2009 - 2010

Watched the Ottawa game yesterday...such a shame to be up by two goals and then lose it in OT. I know the Canucks are playing tonight at 6 pm PT, but is Montreal playing today or tomorrow?? I'll have to go check. I'm having a big family dinner tonight, but you know it will be eaten on laps in the living room when the playoffs are on.

Bye bye Sens. Darn!! I really enjoyed that series, great hockey from both teams.

Have you ever seen so many "no goals" and "too many men on the ice ever in playoff history?!"

sweet, I know what you mean. There are some players that will always be what you remember them as. Wayne Gretsky will always be an Oiler, and my sweet adorable Chris Chelios will always be a Canadien!

"I felt my teeth shatter, right away. I knew I was in trouble, but what are you going to do?” said Belanger, who was at the Capitals practice rink Saturday. “It’s the playoffs. I came back and tried to help my team win.”

Washington Capitals, Eric Belanger lost 8 teeth after getting a stick in the face from the opposing team player who was following through on a pass!

oops, posting at the same time!

Next Hab's game, Monday night. Its do or hit the golf course!

Nothing beats eating dinner on your lap while watching the NHL playoffs!!

Go Canucks!

Pretty disappointing way for the Sens to go out.
    I was also disappointed in Nashville who should have closed out that game with a win yesterday.
    I'm not a fan of Jordin Tootoo, but heard he had to have fifty stitches after getting a puck to the face. Ouch. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Phoenix have really turned it on against Detroit today.
    I'll always actively root against any team that employs Todd Bertuzzi so even if Detroit weren't playing Phoenix I'd still want them to lose.

I was hoping the Avs might be able to take the Sharks to game 7, but no joy.
    Thornton's done his usual playoff disappearing act and taken Marleau and Heatly with him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3885587;
    Watched the Ottawa game yesterday...such a shame to be up by two goals and then lose it in OT. I know the Canucks are playing tonight at 6 pm PT, but is Montreal playing today or tomorrow?? I'll have to go check. I'm having a big family dinner tonight, but you know it will be eaten on laps in the living room when the playoffs are on.
    Ottawa was actually up 3-0 and then the Pens scored 3 unanswered goals to tie up the game and send it into overtime. I thought for sure Ottawa had it in the bag. But you know I'm happy because I'm a Pens fan.
    Wake up and be awesome

Ashley I thought you were going to be sad because the Sens got eliminated. you fooled me!

fluff, I know what you mean about Bertuzzi, we have Gary Bettman to thank for re-instating him. I'm looking forward to the day that GB is gone!!!!!

I love Hockey Night in Canada on CBC!!! Go Canucks

Bertuzzi was a Canuck for a loooong time, and for a long time we cheered for him just because...but I am glad he's no long playing on our team.

Yay Canucks!! 2nd round here we come, and it looks to be Chicago. Uh oh. This was a pretty intense match up last year, and didn't end well for us. Let's hope it goes our way this time around. I'm just proud of my team tonight...and Luongo made some absolutely standing-on-your-head-with-your-legs-split-looking-the-wrong-way-yet-still-somehow-make-the-save-with-your-glove-hand-behind-your-head kind of saves.

Congrats Canucks! On to the 2nd round, get the job done and move on! I'm sure they didn't forget about last year's, 2nd round with the Hawks!!

Although I do like Chicago, just not when they are playing a Canadian team.

ETA: I have my paperbag ready for tonight's game Montreal vs Washington for hyperventillating prevention!! Come on Habs! Win this one, (and another one)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3886211;
    Yay Canucks!! 2nd round here we come, and it looks to be Chicago. Uh oh. This was a pretty intense match up last year, and didn't end well for us. Let's hope it goes our way this time around. I'm just proud of my team tonight...and Luongo made some absolutely standing-on-your-head-with-your-legs-split-looking-the-wrong-way-yet-still-somehow-make-the-save-with-your-glove-hand-behind-your-head kind of saves.
    Love your description!!! Luongo was great tonight! Chicago is the only team I was hoping not to have to play... last year was not a great match-up for us, althought this year we have a way stronger, more well balanced team!
    Can't wait for round 2 to get underway!!!

Fingers crossed for Montreal to pull out the win!

Congrats Montreal!! They came out roaring and never looked back. The crowd and the atmosphere were amazing... Now just one more win! I think Washington is set back on their heels and probably feeling more than a little freaked out. Go Montreal!!

+ Reply to Thread