+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2009 - 2010

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: Hockey 2009 - 2010

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3882005;
    Well, my beloved Canucks are back to giving me a reason to go on stress leave during the playoffs. And the reffing hasn't helped either. *sigh*

I guess I will have to watch the Crosby gold-medal winning goal on youtube just to get centred again.....
    I was telling my mom while watching the Penguins last night that people from Canada probably thought Crosby was their hero a few months ago, but now that we are playing Ottawa, he's their worst enemy. He's a darn good player, that's for sure.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3882005;
    Well, my beloved Canucks are back to giving me a reason to go on stress leave during the playoffs. And the reffing hasn't helped either. *sigh*

I guess I will have to watch the Crosby gold-medal winning goal on youtube just to get centred again.....
    LOL, the reffing this time around has been brutal! My favorite was when Kopitar's stick got stuck in Henriks mask...but some how wasn't highsticking!

Quote Originally Posted by M_shelll;3882206;
    LOL, the reffing this time around has been brutal! My favorite was when Kopitar's stick got stuck in Henriks mask...but some how wasn't highsticking!
    I know...
    I fully expect them to come out fired up tonight!!
    The big guns need to get firing, and they need to stop taking penalties because that seems to lead to a lot of Kings' goals.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3882069;
    I was telling my mom while watching the Penguins last night that people from Canada probably thought Crosby was their hero a few months ago, but now that we are playing Ottawa, he's their worst enemy. He's a darn good player, that's for sure.
    He's crazy talented, but he's the enemy now!

Well, sweetpea!!! What fantastic news to wake up this morning!! Triple o/t!! WTG Sens!!! Sid the kid is a darn good player, and a sweet guy, but yeah, we don't like him right now. I love that Timmy's commercial he's in, gives me chills everytime I see it.

Now, for my Montreal Canadiens, that's another story.

Saved by the skin of their teeth, GA! That was an awesome game. I love the intensity of playoff hockey, it's crazy!

Tonight's the night for my boys...I'm thinking GM Place will be crazy loud and they will (hopefully) come out fired up and ready to kick butt. I loved Alan Vingeault's press conference where he commented cheekily that they actually survived two penalty kills without giving up a goal, and the ones they didn't they lasted past the minute mark before giving it up...

It will be quite the night in the Sweetpea household. My girls have pink Canucks sweaters they will be wearing, Mr. S has his Canucks shirt, and I have my Linden jersey. Pour a glass of ice-cold Growers Cider and we're all set!

And sorry about your Canadiens. I hate it when any Canadian team loses, and there are so few this year as it is in the playoffs.

Go Canucks Go!!!

I'm in one of those playoff stress positions right now! 3-2 for the Canadiens vs Cap's 10 minutes left in the 3rd...3 games to 1 for the Caps...The Canadiens will be polishing their golf balls if they don't win this!

I cheer for all Canadian teams 1st, then if they are all eliminated, I start cheering for the teams that have my favourite players from other teams/years. except for anyone that beat my team.

I enjoy watching most sports, but when it comes to hockey, its so very stressfull!!!

Go Canucks! That game is on after this one!!!

OK, I need a paperbag, I'm hyperventilating! Thank you Canadiens. We get to do this again, Monday night!

sweetpea, your boy Linden used to be a Canadien! after Vancouver, I pretty sure, could be wrong.

Time to get ready for the Canucks!

Phoenix aka Jets is tied 2 games with Detroit. I would not be surprised if they take Mr Stanley! Just saying

Congrats to Montreal!! That's the way to stay in the series...hope they kick butt in the next game. It will be a whole new series if that happens...

GA, he *did* play briefly for the Canadiens, but he was, is and will always be a Vancouver Canuck. When the time came for choosing someone to light the Olympic torch in Feb there were a lot of people putting Trevor's name forward, mostly because he is so totally beloved here. He's a classy guy, a great player, and my favourite hockey player of all time (and I'm wearing #16 right now!)

Just started watching the Canucks. Let's hope they follow Montreal's and Ottawa's lead and win this game!

Woot Woot!! Kick butt we did....7-2!

What a recent series of games. I had lost interest in the playoffs and haven't watched the few recently. Boy did I miss some big ones!!!

+ Reply to Thread