+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2009 - 2010

Re: Hockey 2009 - 2010

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3716745;
    And the puck has dropped! Good luck to all this season. Toronto/Montreal had a great opener, with the crowd singing the National Athem! Lets hope there aren't too many injuries this year, and some good heart and soul hockey games!
    The injuries have started already. Andrei Markov is out 4 months for the habs. Tough loss on D for them. Canadiens' Markov to miss 3-4 months with torn tendon

Bruins had a bad game last night. Started out fine, but went downhill from there. Hope they play a lot better tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple;3716761;
    The injuries have started already. Andrei Markov is out 4 months for the habs. Tough loss on D for them. Canadiens' Markov to miss 3-4 months with torn tendon

Bruins had a bad game last night. Started out fine, but went downhill from there. Hope they play a lot better tomorrow night.
    Ughgh, I felt like I jinxed them with my well wishes. 64points in the 08/09 season before missing the last 4 games and the playoffs, because of his knee, and now he's out for 4 months.

VOUz8: Lucic signs three-year contract extension thru 2012-13... details to follow on BB.com ^BB
    about 4 hours ago from CoTweet

I remember Milan Lucic when he was the captain for Team Canada against the Russia series in 2007. Good choice by Boston.

I'm partial to the original 6 teams.

I'm here, just to vent. I cannot believe this. I decided to check out the Pheonix website to see what's going on since the disaster of trying to sell the team. You can get tickets for $25 upper level and $55 for lower level for their games. This is insanity. I quit going to NHL games because of the cost which is insane if you're even lucky enough to get tickets. Toronto which is a 2 hour drive, and a $500 night for two people, for tickets parking and food. Or Buffalo which is a 30 minute drive and a $300 U.S. night for two people, parking food etc.

Both of those arena's are sold out, pretty much each game. If you can't get tickets, there are plenty of scalpers that would be glad to help you, and people pay. My son, last year paid $500 for two tickets, Toronto,vs Montreal in Toronto.

I can fly to Pheonix for $150US per person, or use my airmiles and it wouldn't cost me anything, stay for 2 nights, go to a game, dinner hotel, etc, for less than what it would cost me to go to Toronto. Go figure.

Gary Bettman would never ever jeopardize the Toronto or Buffalo market, with the sale of Pheonix to Hamilton because he knows, those two arenas are a sure thing, even though hell will freeze over before Toronto ever wins another cup, sold out every game.

Its too bad, because the new arena with a new team would have been sold out every game as well for a h*ll of alot more than $25/ticket.

Ok I'm done the rant, I'm not going to the Pheonix website anymore. If there are any Coyotes fans on here, I wish you luck in keeping your organization together, support your team, because once they are gone, they are gone.

As a born-and-bred Winnipegger who bled white/red/blue for the Jets, those ticket prices are like a knife in the gut. Though I don't live there any longer I'm still holding out for that slim thread of hope that the Thrashers rumour might juuuust end up being true.

So I had to look...you can get upper level Thrashers tix for $32. That's for Thursday's game against the Caps, no less.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3721938;
    As a born-and-bred Winnipegger who bled white/red/blue for the Jets, those ticket prices are like a knife in the gut. Though I don't live there any longer I'm still holding out for that slim thread of hope that the Thrashers rumour might juuuust end up being true.

So I had to look...you can get upper level Thrashers tix for $32. That's for Thursday's game against the Caps, no less.
    ughghg.....why did I get into this today!!! LOL Its making me sick. I felt horrible for the Jets, they got scr*wed many times over in their draft pick order. It was so obvious the writing was on the wall for them.

My head is spinning today with all this. I'm not sure to what rumour you're speaking about. They too have had their share of ownership rights blah blah blah. Is there talk about them moving? Check my signature line, I doubt it will be anywhere in Canada, Gary Bettman has an ABC rule, if it wasn't for Wayne Gretsky, Mr Bettman wouldn't have 30 teams today. Talk about a knife in the gut.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 10-08-2009 at 02:24 PM.

Have any of you seen this amazing shot by a nine year old in the 1 on 1 competition between periods during a Bruins game the other day?
    Video: 9 year old scores greatest goal in Boston this season - Puck Daddy - NHL - Yahoo! Sports
    Video: 9 year old scores greatest goal in Boston this season

By Greg Wyshynski

Oliver Wahlstrom's shootout attempt in the Boston Bruins "TD Bank Mini 1-on-1" competition begins as expected: Deliberate skating to the puck before picking up speed into the zone. But once he gets between the faceoff circles ... well, let's just say we wouldn't have been shocked to see him pull a rabbit out of his helmet before sawing a woman in half. This is hockey magic.

Not too shabby for a 9 year old, eh? Your heart has to go out to the goalie, though, who's probably still frozen in his crease as we speak.

Wahlstrom plays for the Portland Junior Pirate Pee-Wee Major 97s, a team of 12-year-old players based in Maine. The team told us this morning that Wahlstrom is just 9 years old, playing up with older competition. One look at this goal, and you can see why. It also doesn't hurt that his father, Joakim Wahlstrom, was a 10-year veteran of the Swedish Elite League.

According to NESN, that stunning tally came during the taping of the TD Bank Mini 1-on-1, a series that will debut during the first intermission of the Bruins' game against the New Jersey Devils on Oct. 29. It's also shown in-game at the TD Banknorth Garden.

Heck of a goal by Wahlstrom. Wonder if it could have beaten a goalie of slightly larger stature? Not that we'd want to see Wahlstrom try that trick-shot on Bruins netminder Tim Thomas(notes), who'd probably skate out the crease and bulldog the lad if the puck flew by him.

To the Point

Thanks so much for posting that Unk! That was fun!

That's a great video...I passed it to my hockey-playing husband so it's making the rounds now in our parts.

I found this while perusing boy-in-the-ballon stories...wtf?!?!

Phoenix Coyotes to give away tickets if they win certain home games - Yahoo! Canada News
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Wow that's really sad. I don't know how desperate they have to be to really look at moving the team.

Have you seen the 5 year old boy from Tennessee do the Herb Brooks' famous motivational speech from the movie Miracle about the 1980 USA Olympic team beating the Russians? This is awesome! An article in the local Nashville paper about 5-year-old Josh Sacco.
    YouTube fame doesn't faze 5-year-old Josh Sacco | tennessean.com | The Tennessean

YouTube - Miracle-Herb Brooks" Pre-Game Speech

Here's Kurt Russel doing it in the movie.

YouTube - Miracle - Coach Brooks Addresses Team Pre Game

+ Reply to Thread