+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2009 - 2010

Re: Hockey 2009 - 2010

I can't cheer out loud here at home for the Hawks. My husband is a lifelong rabid Flyers fan. Our neighbours have a Hawks banner in the window that faces our house, just to tease him.

I thought pulling Leighton was a huge mistake (and for the record, so did the husband). I haven't paid much attention to the Hawks for years, except to take note of our hometown boy Jonathan Toews...but I'm loving Niemi's play. Gotta love an aggressive, ballsy goaltender. I didn't think I'd be much into this series but I'm looking forward to game 2.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

AJane, I like the neighbours method of teasing the hubby! Sorry hubby, I hope your Flyers get swept! I'm having a hard time rooting for the Hawks, they took out the Canucks. but I'd rather see the Flyers go.

I've never like Chris Pronger, and now I won't like him forever. What's with the picking up the pick after the 1st game and again last night?? So no one can have it as a souvenir. Very poor display of good sportsmanship.

I remember Jonathan Toews when he played in the World Juniors. He's only 22 yrs old, captain of his team, along with many more other accomplishments.

Maybe he'll be able to play for a Winnipeg team soon!

To the Point

I have watched very little hockey this year, however, last night I tuned in for the last period and it was pretty intense.

The whole playoff series have been intense! I thought we were going to have a tie game in the last 3 minutes, no such luck for the Flyers.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3920034;
    I've never like Chris Pronger, and now I won't like him forever. What's with the picking up the pick after the 1st game and again last night?? So no one can have it as a souvenir. Very poor display of good sportsmanship.
    Pronger's another one I can't stand.
    He can be such a thug and because he's a star and Colin Campbell's so weak and doesn't understand the meaning of consistency, he often gives him very light penalities for his transgressions.

Taking the puck is just so juvenile.
    I don't think there was any particular milestone reached with either puck that would have automatically made them a souvenir for one of the players, I think someone on the bench scoops them up pretty quick if they are.
    I don't know that that would have stopped Pronger though.
    All he did was throw them in the bin apparently. I'm sure some kid in the stands or in hospital might have liked the puck even if one of the other players didn't.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I heard on the sports news tonight, he didn't want the goalie to have them, its his 1st playoff series.

But the good thing, is, the Hawks are saying Pronger can have all the pucks he wants, they want the cup.

Great come back!!!

3-1 Flyers after 2. This is painfull.

Haven't been on since my Bruins' epic collapse. (Let's not talk about that) I'm rooting so hard for the Hawks.

Sorry about your Bruins. I know the feeling.

Hawks are giving the Flyers a taste of their own medicine. 3-0 after 1st!

Gary Bettman is rubbing his hands in glee for all the revenues this series is generating. I'm sure it will go to 7. It would be nice if the Hawks won at home on Friday, 7th game of the Stanley Cup. Even though my team is golfing, the final game is always exciting.

Congrats Hawks! The Stanley Cup Champions. It was a great season, thanks everyone for sharing it.

Is it October yet?

+ Reply to Thread