+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2009 - 2010

Re: Hockey 2009 - 2010

Alrighty then, that was a horrible start to the Habs/Flyers series for Hab fans. Great fans in Philly, and I loved the Rocky theme at the start.

Did anyone watch the start of the game on CBC? They had a great intro, with a rapper song titled "It feels a little like 93" but along with it was a montage of older games between Habs/Philly, some great older hockey players, and older Stanley Cup celebrations. They do such a great job at the start of the games they cover.

Please don't be down 3 games? My blood pressure can't take it. Is it Tuesday yet? Danny Briere, nice guy, but not liked at all in Montreal. He is a native of Quebec, and turned down the Canadiens offer back a few years ago, and went with Philly.

8th seed team beats #1 Washington, then takes out the defending Stanley Cup champions. Its simple, now all they have to do is take out #7.

A late goal in the 3rd gives the Hawks their first game. I didn't watch enough of that game to make any predictions, all I know is I can't root for the Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3905499;
    A late goal in the 3rd gives the Hawks their first game. I didn't watch enough of that game to make any predictions, all I know is I can't root for the Hawks!
    I can't root for them either. Funnily enough, Mr. S hates that they took out the Canucks two years in a row, but says he likes Chicago and could root for them. Ugh. I'm much more emotional about the teams I root for! I'm not rooting for San Jose either, just don't like them.

I did see that rap at the beginning of the game. It was great!

I guess Halak was due for a bad night, so it's good that it happened in game 1 and not game 7. Hopefully they will kick it up a notch tonight and come home with the split.

The last time you said that sweet, "come home with a split", they did!!!

My son got tickets last night online for the Thursday at home game!!! He's leaving early Thursday morning, for the 7 hour drive to Montreal with his g/f. He's so excited he can't concentrate at work today! He clearly remembers when he was 10 yrs old the last time they won the cup, 17 yrs ago. He had a soccer practice and we had to hurry home to watch game 7. He watches every regular game through out the season, for all these years, and has seen them quite a few times in Buffalo. Buffalo is only 1/2 hour away, but its not the same when you're not in their home ice building, especially amongst Sabre fans. Good rivalry there!

The Canadiens haven't made it this far since they last won the cup in 93. I can't wait to see that game on Thursday, the noise level will shatter beer mugs!

I could never root for a team that took my team out either sweet! BTW, I love your avi!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3906688;
    BTW, I love your avi!
    Aww, thanks GA! That's the girls and I on the beach in Tofino, BC. It was rainy and kind of cold, but we had a good time.

I'm so jealous of your son! There's nothing like a playoff game as part of the home crowd. I remember years ago I lived in Edmonton when they were in the middle of their dynasty. I started to get into hockey at that time (who wouldn't, the city was mad for it) and I spent a fortune to get two tickets to a playoff game in order to take a guy I liked very much (and impress him with my hockey knowledge). Much to my mortification, he wore the opposing team's jersey to the game. Ugh. Needless to say that relationship went nowhere!

Did I tell you, GA, that my boss at the time knew someone in the Oilers organization and, because he was delighted with my new-found love for hockey, managed to get me (and I kid you not) Mark Messier's game stick, taped and with his name and number down the side, signed by almost ALL the Oilers including my favorite player at the time, Paul Coffey, who wrote Hi to me above his signature. The best part? The signatures that lasted (and no, like a stupid girl I didn't get it shellacked immediately) are Mark Messier (who signed the number 11 where he dots the "i" in Messier), Wayne Gretzky (with his #99 beside it), Jari Kurri, Grant Fuhr, etc. There are other names, but quite faded, and like a silly kid I had my best friend at the time sign too. So there goes the big $$ for selling it, but I like it just sitting down in the games room. It's a great thing to whip out and surprise guests.

Oh, and back on topic. GO MONTREAL!

Well no split for us. Geez, who is this Leighton guy anyway?? (Nice of him to wear a Canadian Flag at the back of his helmut. Didn't Philly have something like 8 goalies this season??

I think the Habs played well for the most part, they just couldn't get one in. Some stupid give aways, and misses, like Don Cherry says, stop playing sweetheart style!!

sweet, I adored the Oilers during that era, it was a fantastic time to watch Coffey Messier Fuhr #99 and the rest of the gang! They could do no wrong at the time, they gave Canada wonderful memories.

As far as your hockey date, I would have dumped that guy too!

Lucky you getting a signed stick! My son has a Vincent Damphousse autographed puck, Rocket Richard signed autobiography book, and endless boxed card sets.

Its such a great sport, the minor hockey association is very active in my area as is everywhere. The arena is not far from my home, and often times I see the kids carrying the large equipment bags, bigger then their bodies into the area. I miss those days of 5am practice in freezing weather! The sounds of skates hitting the ice the joy when your childs teams wins a game, and the sorrow you feel for them when they loose. Its wonderful to see some of the home town boys in the NHL now, Daniele Paille with the Bruins, Daniel Girardi Rangers, and many more.

Half of the Flyers team are French Canadian. I'm afraid they are going to love the atmosphere at the Bell Centre even though they'll be booed to no end.

My son just did a google earth on the hotel he is staying at, and its right across the street from the Forum! He's so pumped, the reason he wanted to check the location of the hotel is to see how far from the Forum it was! He would have been happy to just take pictures from the outside, but he discovered they converted it to a shopping centre. The Bell centre is 1km away, within walking distance. I told him after the game, get the heck out of dodge and back to your hotel. Hockey fans are nuts!

I really hope Montreal can get it back to 2-2 by winning both their home games.
    If they get down 3-1 again I just can't see them coming back, as much as it pains me to write them off.

On the western side, despite San Jose doing me a solid and getting rid of Detroit I have to confess I want Chicago to win.
    I'd love to see them win the cup if Montreal can't.
    San Jose has a great team though and have looked better this post season than in recent years. Too many skillful players on that team for me to believe it's done and dusted just because the Hawks are two up, even though I think they did have the Shark's number during the regular season.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The San Jose game is on too late for me when they are in S/J. When they are in Chicago, its on the same time as Montreal. I'd love to watch some of that series. OK, I'm not wishing it, just saying!!

We need the ghost of the Forum to make a trip to the Bell Centre and give them some of that luck. Two wins at home would make me estatic!

Who do we want in the final? I would love Habs/Sharks.There are alot of good players on the Sharks team, as well as Canadians. I could take a loss to the Sharks, but not to the Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3908442;
    The San Jose game is on too late for me when they are in S/J. When they are in Chicago, its on the same time as Montreal. I'd love to watch some of that series. OK, I'm not wishing it, just saying!!

We need the ghost of the Forum to make a trip to the Bell Centre and give them some of that luck. Two wins at home would make me estatic!

Who do we want in the final? I would love Habs/Sharks.There are alot of good players on the Sharks team, as well as Canadians. I could take a loss to the Sharks, but not to the Hawks!
    I definitely want to see a Montreal vs San Jose final too! Weren't there something like 7 sharks on team Canada?! What I really want is to see Chicago go down in flames...get crushed in the next 4 games!...for taking the Canucks out 2 years in a row!!!

Quote Originally Posted by M_shelll;3909072;
    I definitely want to see a Montreal vs San Jose final too! Weren't there something like 7 sharks on team Canada?! What I really want is to see Chicago go down in flames...get crushed in the next 4 games!...for taking the Canucks out 2 years in a row!!!
    Me too!!

Michael Leighton has only played 5 games for Philly, I hope that's an advantage for Hab fans! I can't see the Habs just bowing down, they will fight like heck tonight. My stomach is already doing butterfiles, 1 1/2 hours to go.

Here's hoping this Cinderella story continues, we need a "Miracle in Montreal"!!

OMG!!! Whoooooo 2 zip!!!! They are playing awesome!!!!

ETA oh oh they went upstairs with it.

EETA!!!! good goal!!

+ Reply to Thread