+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2009 - 2010

Re: Hockey 2009 - 2010

Congrats to Montreal!!! Are you knackered now, fluff?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Wow...Congrats Montreal! A convincing road win in the 7th game? Awesome!!

We were chanting "Halak-alak-alak" in our house all night. He's a machine!!

Disappointed in the Bruins tonight. They played better than Monday, but so many low quality shots, none of high quality. Now they may be in the history books and not in a good way. But really, they should not have been up 3-0 in the series to begin with. The series was closer than that. Game 7. Friday. I don't know what's going to be worse. Losing 4 straight games to Philly or losing 4 straight game to the Habs if we move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3901626;
    Congrats to Montreal!!! Are you knackered now, fluff?
    Yep, thoroughly cream crackered

My husband was winding me up by cheering for the Pens to make it a close game.
    I didn't want it coming down to the wire or heaven forbid, overtime, I wanted the game won within the first period.
    No humiliation for the Pens as I do really enjoy that team, but it was hard enough to watch after they got the first goal (thanks ref, get your damn feet out of the way) and I was pretty much a wreck when they got the second and looked like they could get more.

They have a great team though and will no doubt have a great 2010-11 too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Wow. My hat is off to Philadelphia. Who would have thought they could rally from a 3-0 deficit and come back to force a game 7, but then in that game 7 to rally yet again from a 3-0 deficit to score 4 unanswered goals?

This is what makes the Stanley Cup Playoffs the most exciting thing to watch in pro-sports, IMO. Now we have two come-back, never-say-die teams facing each other for the Eastern Conference Championship.

San Jose and Chicago who??

Whoever wins between Montreal and Philadelphia (go Habs!) I will cheer for them against the western teams, because they have each made this hockey season so fantastic to watch.

That was an incredible game and an amazing feat by the Flyers.
    Seventh seed versus eigth in the conference final for the first time ever.
    With the WCF being 1 v 2 it seems like the eastern team won't stand much of a chance, but you really can't write either of those teams off this season.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3903828;
    Seventh seed versus eigth in the conference final for the first time ever.
    With the WCF being 1 v 2 it seems like the eastern team won't stand much of a chance, but you really can't write either of those teams off this season.
    Any other season I would agree with this wholeheartedly. But this time around, anything seems possible!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3903829;
    Any other season I would agree with this wholeheartedly. But this time around, anything seems possible!!
    That's pretty much what I went on to say in the post you quoted right after the part you bolded.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3904178;
    That's pretty much what I went on to say in the post you quoted right after the part you bolded.
    I know you did, I just wanted to emphasize what you said since I think it's a great year for the underdog teams!

Anything IS possible! and we have seen it before our own eyes this season! Wowie! Thanks Ashley for letting me know about Versus, I found the channel and watched as much as I could!

So sad to see the Canucks go. They had a great season, and giving us hope is part of the excitment.

I was just as shocked as the Boston fans, to see the Flyers win that series.

How about that game 7 Habs/Pens?? I got back to our condo in Florida that evening, just as the third started, looked at the score and thanked my loonie on my TV at home that's been sitting there since the playoff's started!

Keep an eye on Glen Metropolit, he used to play for the Flyers. I just hope no one gets injured. The Flyers are a physical team, this is going to be one banged up series.

+ Reply to Thread