+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 176

Thread: Hockey 2009 - 2010

  1. #101
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,800

    Re: Hockey 2009 - 2010

    Good Gravy, the calls are CRAP at the Montreal game too, and it stinks!

  2. #102
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,800

    Re: Hockey 2009 - 2010

    Way to go, Montreal!! They really hung in there at the end when it was fast and furious. There's nothing like the last few minutes of a playoff hockey game when the score is close. But they hung in there and didn't quit, and they won the game despite some shocking non-calls by the refs.

    And Detroit is leading San Jose by 6-1 right now?? Wow. Two big upsets tonight!

    I was watching some of the Canucks interviews tonight on HNIC. I love what they were saying!! Basically they all said that they now understand what will be called and what won't be called when it comes to being in the crease and harassing the goalie, and so they will adjust their game accordingly for tomorrow night. Now, as long as all things are equal, they shouldn't be called on the same plays that Chicago has made on Luongo. Hopefully they will come out tough and strong and physical and will come out with a win to tie the series.

  3. #103
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: Hockey 2009 - 2010

    I really do like watching Pittsburgh play and would have no problem with them winning the cup again, but Montreal are just forcing me to cheer for them.
    I was so pleased they didn't go 3-1, even though they came back from that position in the last series.
    I'm really enjoying their tenacity and hope they can at the very least take Pittsburgh to seven games.

    The Canucks seemed to have a hangover from losing the second game in Chicago.
    Fans should take heart in the fact they're a lot better than they showed in game three.
    I really hope they can bounce back and play with a little more zip and belief in their collective ability.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  4. #104
    Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    6,340

    Re: Hockey 2009 - 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3896138;
    I really do like watching Pittsburgh play and would have no problem with them winning the cup again, but Montreal are just forcing me to cheer for them.
    I was so pleased they didn't go 3-1, even though they came back from that position in the last series.
    I'm really enjoying their tenacity and hope they can at the very least take Pittsburgh to seven games.

    The Canucks seemed to have a hangover from losing the second game in Chicago.
    Fans should take heart in the fact they're a lot better than they showed in game three.
    I really hope they can bounce back and play with a little more zip and belief in their collective ability.
    Admit it, fluff. You are a Crosby fangirly too, just like me.

    The last few minutes of the game were just crazy. It was like shot after shot after shot. I get nervous when the series is tied.
    Wake up and be awesome

  5. #105
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Hockey 2009 - 2010

    Ok that game is one of the reason's I strongly believe in "the conspiracy". This is the NHL playoff's for goodness sake, the officiating was disgracefull.

    At least 11 blatant uncalled penalties plus a few offsides. Even CBC pointed out 8 of them, Don Cherry was going to have heart failure. Crosby is begining to look like a cry baby. He broke someone's stick while they were on a powerplay. That should have been an automatic penalty, just like the stupid puck over the glass penalty. Plus, he tripped Gill in the 3rd, the Pens were on a powerplay, not called. The officials are NHL Gary Bettman puppets. Sorry Sid. This was the worst refereeing I've ever seen, and I've seen bad before.

    Its a miracle this series is tied against the Stanley cup champions. Some can say bad officiating gave the Pens a penalty which gave the Canadiens the winning goal, well you know what, I'll take it. If this was 3 periods of fair and square, I'd be the first one to feel bad if they got the winning goal on a bad call, and that's the gawd's honest truth.

    I can go on and on with this issue, but I'm going to quit while I'm ahead.

  6. #106
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Hockey 2009 - 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3896036;
    Way to go, Montreal!! They really hung in there at the end when it was fast and furious. There's nothing like the last few minutes of a playoff hockey game when the score is close. But they hung in there and didn't quit, and they won the game despite some shocking non-calls by the refs.

    And Detroit is leading San Jose by 6-1 right now?? Wow. Two big upsets tonight!

    I was watching some of the Canucks interviews tonight on HNIC. I love what they were saying!! Basically they all said that they now understand what will be called and what won't be called when it comes to being in the crease and harassing the goalie, and so they will adjust their game accordingly for tomorrow night. Now, as long as all things are equal, they shouldn't be called on the same plays that Chicago has made on Luongo. Hopefully they will come out tough and strong and physical and will come out with a win to tie the series.
    I read this too, and it makes me nervous. They have been all over the media with this, I wish they would have kept it their little secret. If they get the same officials, they will be all over them, if they get different officials, they won't care what's been called before. I'm thinking they will come out physical, and push their luck to the edge, just enough to draw penalties, or stay outside the box themselves.

    I would love a blowout! No mercy! Bring it on Canucks!

    What the heck happened to the Sharks last night? I didn't watch any of that game, it was on the same time as Montreal. I put it on after Montreal, they were in the 3rd, looked at the score, YIPES! Thought it was best I go to bed!

  7. #107
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,800

    Re: Hockey 2009 - 2010

    I hear what you're saying, GA, but I'm glad in a way that the 'Nucks have made it public that apparently crashing the goaltender is perfectly acceptable in these playoffs (or at least it is when it's Chicago doing it) so now if they get in the crease and consistently get called for it, there's going to be an obvious bias. They just have to keep their heads and not go overboard. I agree with Fluff, they can play a lot better than they did the last game. Here's hoping we tie it up tonight and get some momentum going for a return trip to Chicago.

    The Detroit game was nuts. Talk about a blow out...I guess SJ just ran out of steam???

  8. #108
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Hockey 2009 - 2010

    Oh I like that point of view!!!!!

  9. #109
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: Hockey 2009 - 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3896286;
    I read this too, and it makes me nervous. They have been all over the media with this, I wish they would have kept it their little secret. If they get the same officials, they will be all over them, if they get different officials, they won't care what's been called before. I'm thinking they will come out physical, and push their luck to the edge, just enough to draw penalties, or stay outside the box themselves.

    I would love a blowout! No mercy! Bring it on Canucks!

    What the heck happened to the Sharks last night? I didn't watch any of that game, it was on the same time as Montreal. I put it on after Montreal, they were in the 3rd, looked at the score, YIPES! Thought it was best I go to bed!
    We watched a little of the game while the Habs/Pens was on intermission.
    It was 0-0 (or nil-nil as I can't break the habit of saying). We flicked it back a few minutes later and it was 4-0.
    We decided to call it a day on even bothering to check in during breaks at that point and just enjoyed the other game.
    My husband doesn't dislike the Habs but wanted the Caps to win to keep Ovechkin in the playoffs (just like I did) and wants the Pens to win this series, but he had to admit Montreal are making it really hard not to cheer for them.

    Hmm, not a fangirl, Ashley, I prefer Max Talbot's personality, but I do like to watch Sid play.
    He has a great deal of skill and I love that he's already been able to live up to the hype he created pre-draft.
    He's taken a lot on for a young guy and he seems to equal to everything thrown at him, plus he always seems a very respectful and mature when interviewed, if a little dull.
    Many hockey players give dull inteviews though, parly because of the stupid questions they get asked
    "That's Numberwang!"

  10. #110
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Hockey 2009 - 2010

    I'm going to be away for a week, starting tomorrow. Good luck to all!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.