+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FORT Pro Pickem' League 2009

FORT Pro Pickem' League 2009

With all that is going on with everyone and generally being busy, I didn't know if anyone wanted to keep the FORT league going for a seventh year. I know the start of the NFL season pretty much came out of nowhere for me as I've had a lot going on recently. If nothing else it will give everyone a chance to wrest the trophy away from me one last time.

Since there wasn't a league I started one up for this year. If there's no interest that's fine, especially at this late date. The league uses confidence points, like usual, but I changed the weekly deadline to 5 minutes before the start of each game so if you don't get your picks in before one of the Thursday games you don't lose the entire week. The low week or two of scores could be dropped too if people join later.

To sign up go to Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Pro Football Pickem
    The group ID is 59988
    The password is Pigskin

Like I said before, if anyone wants to play again that's great, if not, that's OK too because I don't really have the time (although I should start visiting the FORT more often again anyway )
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Re: FORT Pro Pickem' League 2009

I joined today but understand that it may not run if no one else signs up

I'll play anyway DZG. Of course we're the only 2 right now, but what should I expect for extreme procrastinating?

I was going to PM the people who played last year but didn't when I saw that many of them have not logged on since then. Like I said earlier, if anyone wants to play but misses the start of the season, don't worry. Picks only need to be in 5 minutes before each game so you don't lose the whole week for missing a Thursday game, and we can drop a couple of weeks of scores or not start the scoring until later. Hopefully a few more of you will sign up.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Alright then - it's on! As long as I don't pick the Lions to win too many games I should be okay

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Too late for this week, but I'll try to come from way behind.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Are you sure you can't still pick Gracie? I think you have until 12:55pm tomorrow for the 1:00pm games?

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Totally missed everything. Been going back and forth from Toledo and Fort Wayne for the past three weeks. Still, I'm signing on. Who knows, I might just be perfect for the rest of the season.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I haven't been doing so well Gracie so you probably will catch up

+ Reply to Thread