+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: US Open Tennis 2009

Re: US Open Tennis 2009

Wow what a great final! Way to go Delpo, what an impressive win. So happy to see a new grand slam winner. Hoping this is just the beginning of a very successful career, tennis needs it. Yay!
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Congrats to Delpo!! I always cheer for whoever is playing against Federer. He has beaten higher ranked players again and again. Time to sit up and take notice! Although that thing he does with his left pant leg still bothers me!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Fed fought valiantly Critical, Ms. Froggy and all other FoRT Fed fans. Is Del Potro only 20? He could pass for 30 or at least late 20s.

I also just watched part of Venus and Serena's doubles coverage from earlier today. Serena issued a written and verbal 'apology' to the linesperson, the USTA, the fans and Kim but they also showed part of her press conference from the other day where she did clearly suggest there was no need to apologize. She said something to the effect of 'everyone yells at linespeople'. She also went out of her way today to say that the apology was sincere but if that were so she would have offered it up right after the incident.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3701260;
    Although that thing he does with his left pant leg still bothers me!
    What does he do w/ his pant leg, LS&S? Oh, is it when he has the second ball in there for a serve and he shakes it around?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

To the Point

Regardless of whether the call should have been made or not, Serena certainly did cross the line (no pun intended) in how she responded to the call. You can strongly disagree without taking it to the depth she chose.

I agree NC. That's the problem I have with most sports professionals these days. They don't care if they are role models or not, as long as they get their book deals and millions of dollars. It's one of the reasons I warn my nephews and nieces not to emulate or idol worship the people they see on television.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3701262;
    What does he do w/ his pant leg, LS&S? Oh, is it when he has the second ball in there for a serve and he shakes it around?
    He seems to not like the length of the left leg (never seen him do it with the right). He tucks the lower front part of the fabric up under the part closer to the pocket. It's hard to describe but you'll recognize it next time cuz I know you'll be watching for it!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3701261;
    Fed fought valiantly Critical, Ms. Froggy and all other FoRT Fed fans. Is Del Potro only 20? He could pass for 30 or at least late 20s.

I also just watched part of Venus and Serena's doubles coverage from earlier today. Serena issued a written and verbal 'apology' to the linesperson, the USTA, the fans and Kim but they also showed part of her press conference from the other day where she did clearly suggest there was no need to apologize. She said something to the effect of 'everyone yells at linespeople'. She also went out of her way today to say that the apology was sincere but if that were so she would have offered it up right after the incident.
    Serena's apology wa simply a PR attempt to restore her to good graces. If an apology is sincere, one need never bring up how many others in the profession are guilty, as well. That's something one should learn as a child. Serena cares more about her endorsements and that was very obvious in her staged apology.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3701261;
    del Potro has a striking similarity to JFK Jr. What a cutie... all 6'6 of him! And that match was absolutely amazing. Just when you thought he had lost a lot of his focus towards the end of the third set and the beginning of the fourth... BLAM... Some incredible rallies and winners on both sides.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3701730;
    del Potro has a striking similarity to JFK Jr. What a cutie... all 6'6 of him! And that match was absolutely amazing. Just when you thought he had lost a lot of his focus towards the end of the third set and the beginning of the fourth... BLAM... Some incredible rallies and winners on both sides.

I always thought he favored Zachary Quinto (Sylar on Heroes or Spoke on the most recent Star Trek movie).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast