+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2009

Re: College Football 2009

Wow! I guess he got tired of going down to the jail to bail out his players. I'll tell you one thing; he'd better sneak out of town under cover of darkness or those Tennessee alums will have him tarred and feathered.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Wait, did I miss something? I didn't know Pete Carroll was leaving.
    Wake up and be awesome

He took the Seattle Seahawks job.
    ETA I wonder if he is going to change the name of his son Knox who was born while at UT?

Lane Kiffin Names Son 'Knox' Sporting News
    Last edited by Unklescott; 01-13-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Read this a.m. that Tennessee students were throwing mattresses out the dorm windows and burning them. Also that they painted anti-Kiffin obscenities all over "The Rock"--campus landmark. I can't wait to see who Tennessee comes up with as their next coach. They need a really big "name" to hold on to the recruits scheduled to sign in February.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

MRD

I an STUNNED! I predicted that Kiffin and his dad would take TN to the top in the next couple years.

Now this. I don't blame the students for being upset. Or the fans. Heck, it kind of upsets me and I'm a Florida fan. But it does mean that FL now has a chance against TN next year.

I have to say that I am not real impressed with Kiffin. His ability as a coach, yeah, but his ethics/loyalty, etc.?? Not so much.

Heard this morning that the football coach from the Air Force Academy was being considered for TN. Really? I mean, REALLY??
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

MRD

Leading Off - The Kiffin Chronicles - NYTimes.com

We interrupt the melee on the University of Tennessee campus to request a moment of silence to mourn the passing of any last semblance of sanity in college sports. Because as peeved as the Volunteers crowd is ó and yes, they are burning-mattresses peeved at Lane Kiffin for jumping ship for Southern California ó the Trojans crowd may consider being even more ticked off. Because their university seems to be celebrating its wallow in serious N.C.A.A. mire (paging Reggie Bush) by holding its nose and swan-diving into the sewage.

Kiffin spent his one season at Tennessee collecting violations with the nonchalance of someone collecting bottle caps while hoisting his head coaching record to a sparkling 12-21, while the college he once pledged allegiance to deals with the matter of what, if any, N.C.A.A. rules his recruiting hostesses ransacked.

If you havenít scratched your head yet, please do so now.

While The Los Angeles Timesís Bill Plaschke wonders in print what on earth Trojans Athletic Director Mike Garrett is thinking, Dennis Dodd writes on CBSSports.com that the only thing missing at Southern California is the clown car. ESPN.comís Pat Forde marvels at how Kiffinís record at Tennessee and in his one hilarious season with the Raiders makes Paris Hilton look like a beacon of accomplishment. Fanhouse.comís Jay Mariotti declares it a dark day for college sports, and this is a world that hasnít seen a light bulb in years.

THis just made me laugh.

One TN recruit has bailed on the school too.

Not a good day in college sports. Especially not a good day in TN. Hope they sue the pants off him for contract issues.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3795334;
    I like this comment posted on that article:

haven't those poor folks been subjected to enough?

MRD

I liked that one too.

The students at TN are NOT happy.

Kiffin better leave town immediately.

I loved this article from ESPN.

Former Tennessee Volunteers coach Lane Kiffin tops the list of all the frauds, egomaniacs and two-faced weasels - ESPN

By Gene Wojciechowski
    ESPN.com
    If there were a stock car race between all the frauds, egomaniacs and two-faced weasels I've ever covered, Lane Kiffin would have the pole position all to himself.

Kiffin is a spin doctor without a medical degree. He thinks truth comes in different shades of gray. He demands loyalty, but gives none himself.

Kiffin is a used car salesman with a whistle. Wait, that's not fair to used car salesmen. He ditched Tennessee for USC after just 13 games. The remaining five years on his contract, the players he left behind, the nine high school recruits who planned to enroll early, they all meant nothing to Kiffin.

According to someone who was in the room, the Tuesday night farewell meeting between Kiffin and the Tennessee players was "very, very, very hostile." Kiffin told them that coaches come and go, that USC was his dream job. The players, orphaned after less than 14 months, responded angrily.

If not for interim coach Kippy Brown, who calmed the players down after Kiffin's appearance, the tension and anger could have redlined. Put it this way: Kiffin is lucky no one took a swing at him. That was the level of betrayal felt by the players in that meeting room.

Kiffin doesn't care. That's because Kiffin is about Kiffin. He sold Fords on Monday, Chevys on Tuesday. Just change the business card and the mailing address. His scorched-earth coaching policy isn't concerned with collateral damage........click for rest of story

+ Reply to Thread