+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steve McNair killed in Nashville

Steve McNair killed in Nashville

How sad. I'm a Titans fan right after my Browns and I'm saddened to hear this. Steve was a great football player. The stories have all ready started about Steve's personal life. Rumors of his bad habits and philandering have been around Nashville for years. All I know is the world lost a great football player. RIP Steve.

UPDATED 6:20 p.m.: Steve McNair and female shot to death | tennessean.com | The Tennessean
    Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair and an unidentified woman were found shot to death today in downtown Nashville.

Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron confirmed that McNair and the woman were found at a condominium complex at Second Avenue South and Lea Street. He did not say when the shooting occurred or provide any other details.

McNair, a quarterback with the Oilers/Titans from 1995-2005, led the team to its only Super Bowl appearance in 2000. He also shared the league's MVP award with Peyton Manning in 2003.

"We are saddened and shocked to hear the news of Steve McNair's passing today," Titans owner Bud Adams said today in a statement. "He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans. He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family as they deal with his untimely passing."

He is second on the franchise career list for pass attempts (3,871), completions (2,305), yards (27,141) and third in touchdowns (156).

As news spread, dozens of shocked fans began to gather, expressing shock and disbelief.

One unidentified woman said, "First Michael Jackson and now this."

Chad Daniels, who lives near the Second Avenue South condominium where the shooting took place, stopped by to bring flowers and share his grief.

"I think all of Nashville is pretty heartbroken over this," he said, near tears. "He built the franchise. He built the Titans organization."

Shaheed Rahman, who said he was McNair's friend and sometimes driver, spoke to McNair two weeks ago, just before the opening of his new restaurant. He said the former quarterback was in good spirits and loved being in Nashville.

"We're just trying to put the pieces together to find out what happened. To those of us who knew him, this is not a joyous moment. We don't want to remember McNair. We want him to still be here."

Check back at Tennessean.com for more updates.

UPDATED 6:20 p.m.: Steve McNair and female shot to death

Metro Police spokesman Don Aaron has confirmed that the victim in the double killing was not McNair's wife. The woman killed still has not been named.

Crime scene investigators are meticulously processing the scene, Aaron said.
    "Once that processing is done I'll come out with further updates," Aaron said.

A Cadillac Escalade and a Lincoln Navigator were towed away from the scene.

Re: Steve McNair killed in Nashville

this really is sad. I understand the female was just twenty years old.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

It's getting ugly.
    Steve McNair and Sahel Kazemi killed | tennessean.com | The Tennessean
    Steve McNair and Sahel Kazemi killed

By Kate Howard, Jaime Sarrio and Chris Echegaray

Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair was killed in an apparent murder-suicide with a young woman who worked at an Opry Mills restaurant and had been dating him for months.
    Advertisement

McNair, a hometown hero who did extensive charity work in Nashville, had several gunshot wounds, including one to the head. He was found on the sofa of a Second Avenue condominium that he rented, police said. Sahel Kazemi, 20, was found on the floor near him with a single gunshot wound to her head. A pistol was found near her body.

Metro police spokesman Don Aaron said investigators were not actively looking for suspects Saturday night but had not ruled out any scenarios. He stopped short of calling the deaths a murder-suicide, but said the police should be able to classify the deaths today after autopsies and forensic work.

“We expect to make additional conclusions after the autopsy process,” Aaron said

Though much of the attention was on the Second Avenue crime scene, police also swarmed Kazemi’s apartment at the Cherry Creek complex in Hermitage on Saturday. They questioned neighbors who said they often saw McNair visiting Kazemi. Sometimes, neighbors said, she would arrive home in a limousine in the early morning. They also heard arguments between her and her boyfriend.

Most recently, she had a new black car she said was a gift from her boyfriend.
    She was arrested in that car, a black 2007 Cadillac Escalade registered to her and McNair, early Thursday at Broadway and Ninth Avenue, just two days before the deaths. She was charged with driving under the influence and refusing to take a breath test. She told police she was not drunk, but high.

McNair was in the car, a fact that was not in the police affidavit but was confirmed by police Saturday night. Police allowed McNair to take a cab home. He later bailed Kazemi out of jail, according to bail bondsmen.
    Ex-boyfriend worried

Keith Norfleet, who said he dated Kazemi for four years before they broke up five months ago, was worried about her dating McNair, a married man. She met McNair while she was a waitress at Dave & Buster’s Grand Sports Cafe, he said.

I figured it would be something like this. Very sad. But...you play, you pay.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

MRD

I don't think anyone that "plays" deserves to die. We have come a long way from stoning people committing adultery. I don't condone adultery, but I don't think it's punishable by death and I don't think McNair or his family deserved this. Very sad.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Does he have children?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I believe he has four sons, shay.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

What message does this send to your sons when a father decides to conduct his life like this? The dad is the strongest role model that his sons have, and from whom they take their cues.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Not a good message, for sure. He was a great athlete, but hooking up with a 20 year old with questionable mental stablility wasn't the brightest thing in the world to do.

I've read that he was making promises to her, but she felt that he was dragging his feet and flipped out. What a waste.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I've always said that pretty can hide crazy, all day long.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast